Hellooooo DIY and essential oil loving friends! I just wanted to pop on and share some easy DIY essential oil infused gift ideas. Not all are original ideas from the recesses of my creative genius … although most are! haha! I believe my inspiration for the snowmen was sparked from a Facebook post somewhere but since I have so many friends asking about further details, I wanted to post something here for reference.
Okay, let’s get this make & take last minute handmade essential oil infused gift ideas post going so that you can prepare for some weekend holiday craft time! First things first – I use and recommend Young Living and LOVE their products. I’d love to be the one to discuss them with you. You can learn more here: Wellness Inspired Living. Once your order is placed, I’ll be in touch to get a DIYShowOff welcome bundle to you!
DIY Essential Oils Infused Gift Ideas
These ideas work for hostess or teacher gifts, handmade gift exchanges, holiday door prizes and incentive gifts and make and takes and I bet you may just want to keep one for yourself as well!
*some affiliate links included
DIY Wood Dryer Ball Snowman Tutorial
- wool dryer balls
- snowman hats – I got mine at JoAnn Fabrics
- transparent treat bags
- clear elastic hair bands
- floral Christmas pics and holiday ribbon
- hot glue and glue gun
- Sample size glass eye dropper bottles or (5 ml bottle) of Purification or Citrus Fresh or Christmas Spirit
What I did:
- I added a wool dryer ball to a treat bag and secured the top with a clear elastic hair band.
- Then popped in another wool dryer ball and closed the top with another clear elastic hair band.
- Attach the snowman had to cover the top using hot glue.
- Decorate hat with Christmas florals or ribbon.
- Tie on a holiday ribbon scarf between the two wool dryer balls.
- Draw a face using your Sharpie markers.
- Attach a business card and sample of your favorite essential oil.
How I use mine: REPLACE toxic dryer sheets with wool dryer balls and essential oils! Remove wool dryer balls from packaging, stick the snowman hat on your dog (or not – hahaha!), add a few drops of essential oil to each ball and toss in the dryer with a load of wet clothes. I find that since my dryer has a sensor and stops when clothes are dry, that we don’t have issue with static cling. Sometimes, I’ll add another drop or two and “air dry” or “fluff” before folding dry clothes.
Ornament with Sample Sized or Small Products
What I did:
- I used THESE plastic ornaments.
- I added a few curls of white gift ribbon inside.
- Young Living gift ideas: Thieves Waterless Hand Purifier, Lip Balm, Thieves Disinfecting Spray, Essential Oil sample sachet, Wolfberry Truffles, Ningxia Nitro, Ningxia Red, business card, note, gift card, essential oils, essential oils gift certificate, etc.
- Close up the ornament and tie on a pretty festive ribbon.
- See the tutorial HERE.
Holiday Home Room Spray:
- Christmas Spirit essential oil
- 1 oz. spray bottles
- distilled water
- ribbon or twine
- decorative tape
What I did: 3-5 drops of essential oil to 1 oz of distilled water. Decorate and label. Shake and spray.
- Check out the tutorial HERE!