It’s been a busy week but I managed something small. We found this old fireplace mantel/surround in the barn when we moved in. I love that it’s original to the house and new I wanted to add it to a wall in our dining room. I love the flexibility of moving things around, so I boxed it in so it is ‘freestanding’ and not attached permanently to the wall.
Our Dining Room Makeover:
- Took down old ceiling tiles
- Installed smooth drywall ceiling
- Ripped out old filthy carpet
- Sanded and poly’d hardwood floor
- New light fixture
Spring 2011…new distressed bamboo floor:
Decorated for fall…
When we bought the house…
Seasonal dining room mantel:
along with a new area rug…
See all dining room related posts in the DIY Show Off home tour.
When I decorated my dining room for Emily Henderson’s Holiday Guide a few months ago, I added in a couple of easy holiday DIY projects. (Have you checked it out? So many great holiday ideas from DIY, decorating, entertainment, gift suggestions, etc.)
Tension Rod Christmas Card Holder How to: (works for windows or open shelving too!)
et’s see your holiday DIY posts!
- You must use the button above in your blog post or side bar to share the linky love.
- Add your permalink (not your blog url, but your holiday project post url which is the web address that goes directly to your holiday project blog post, not your blog address). Feel free to link a Past Post, just be sure add the DIY Holiday Highlights button to your side bar.
- Or email your link to email@example.com and I will add it for you.
- IF YOU’RE STILL IN THE FALL/THANKSGIVING MIND SET, LINK UP TO THE DIY FALL FESTIVAL AT http://thediyshowoff.blogspot.com/search/label/Fall%20Festival.
- If you notice your link has disappeared –please check the content of your post. Is it holiday related? Add the link back to The DIY Show Off to your post today with a quick note to your readers about the party and try again!
Remember when I found this old mantel in the barn?
I‘m guessing it’s original to the house.
Yarn pumpkins with pinecone stems…
Fall monogram wreath…
Pinecone votives on pedestals…
included in a post of DIY Project Parade highlights later in the week!
Isn’t that header adorable?
First up, Natalie had one of these electric fireplaces. Red mahogany and glossy:
Meet: Becky from