It’s been a busy week but I managed something small. We found this old fireplace mantel/surround in the barn when we moved in. I love that it’s original to the house and new I wanted to add it to a wall in our dining room. I love the flexibility of moving things around, so I boxed it in so it is ‘freestanding’ and not attached permanently to the wall.
But the large empty hole bothered me. After looking at the hole and trying various ways to disguise it or decorate it, one day this past week I decided to stain an old pallet and see how it would look. Regular shelves were too deep, but the pallet is perfect. One of these days I’ll turn the reclaimed pallet into shelves but for now, I wanted to play with it to see if it’d work and I love it. Perfect for the open box area with no fireplace…
What do you think?
With materials materials from Deco Art, Canvas Corp. and Rockler, I put together a “time to love, eat and pray” banner.
Here are some more shots of the dining room since adding a banner and pallet means re-decorating and taking from other rooms…
And still rearranging the attached ‘sitting room’ where I set up a small dining area to see how it’d look using things I already had on hand before making a decision to purchase or build something…
Let’s see what you’ve been up to!
1. You must use the button above (ADD BUTTON HTML CODE FROM SIDE BAR TO YOUR POST) and link to this post to share the linky love. You post must be recent, shared at one DIY Project Parade only (not continuously) and be DIY related.
2. Include your name or blog name and project title. Add your permalink (not your blog url, but your DIY project post url). Feel free to link a Past Post, just invite your readers in a current post with a quick note.
3. Or email your link to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will add it for you.
4. If you notice your link has disappeared -please add the link back to The DIY Show Off to your post today, a button or a quick note to your readers about the party and try again! I love when everyone participates and readers check out everyone’s links, but I think the return favor of linking back is the nice thing to do so everyone plays fair and enjoys all of the projects and links. Also – this blog party is for DIY projects only. Links not related to DIY will be deleted. Please share your link one week only.
5. If reading this in an email or reader, pop over to http://diyshowoff.com
to see the inspiring DIY projects linked up!
6. NOW you can “like” the links! What a fun idea! Most liked links may be included in a post of DIY Project Parade highlights later in the week.
7. Visit a few other links to make some new friends, get some creative ideas!