Still looking for an inexpensive spring decorative craft idea? This project is super easy and inexpensive and a beautiful large statement any wall any time, but perfect for seasonal (SPRING!).
What I used:
- Styrofoam sheets (4 – 12″ x 12″ x 1″ and 1 – 18″ x12″ x 1″)
- Scrapbook paper (I used 4 12″ x 12″ and coordinating scraps)
- Ribbon (I used 1″ wide and I’m not sure of the amount…have a couple of spools handy just in case.)
- Low temp hot glue gun/glue
- Scissors or serrated knife
- Xacto knife (optional)
1. I started by using hot glue to attach ribbon to the sides of each of my four 12 x 12 Styrofoam panels. I also used thumbtacks to help hold in place.
2. Create your own, use a letter stencil or free-hand (like I did) the letters “L O V E”.
3. Trace and cut out letters on Styrofoam sheet (18 x 12 x 1) using a scissor blade.
4. Shave down loose Styrofoam with Xacto knife.
5. Trace letter onto scrapbook paper and cut out.
6. Glue ribbon around the 1″ side of each letter.
7. I used hot glue to attach 12 x 12 scrapbook paper to 12 x 12 Styrofoam panel AND scrapbook paper letter to Styrofoam letter.
8. Use hot glue to attach letter to panel.
9. Since they’re light weight, I hung mine using Command velcro strips (no holes in the wall).
A quick (about 1 hr) project for pretty, customize-able spring wall art. There are so many more great wall art ideas at Styrofoam Crafts!
Very pretty! Love the patterns you picked!
Adorable Spring Project!! You could change it up for the different seasons as well!
I hope you will Come and enter my amazing Cross Bottle Guy Giveaway!You will love it!
Art by Karena
So pretty Roeshel. I love the contrast of the letters and their backgrounds!
Awe, thanks, Kristin! 🙂
Loving your series! So much helpful information and love the introductions. 😉
LOVE these! : )
Love the cheerful patterns, and colors, Roeshel. Great spring idea.
Thanks, Rosemary! It was a great easy/quick project to bring in a little spring cheer. 😉
That’s a great idea! I’m going to need to bookmark this for when we get our own place. It would also be great to pull out for holidays too. Imagine all the patterns I could do for Easter, or Christmas, and birthdays! It’s such an awesome idea.