Thrift Store Chair makeover, painting and re-upholstery. Meet: Karin from
Meet Sarah from 2159. A new homeowner with a DIY drive to make her new home her own. She’s off to an awesome start! Here are some great projects. Click the link to the original post for more details on her creativity and fun eclectic style.
Yikes! This coffee table before has seen better days…
but underneath all that wear and tear is a good solid beauty. Sarah wanted something with character and after a little DIY creative ingenuity, I’d say she succeeded…
I love it!
Oh-la-la framed print pizzazz! Sarah added a little lace to update mats.
And finally…her dining room before and after. I LOVE the DIY details and there’s a LOT of them!
Before: I see potential!
STUNNING! Is this really the same house?
Love the fun colors and beautiful board and batten/picture rail….
Check out that beautiful ceiling!
Sarah – you’re doing a beautiful job! Wow! Thank you so much for sharing your hard work and beautiful style. 🙂
In other news:
Woo hoo! Check this out (with links to some b-e-a-U-tiful DIY projects…Amy has her work cut out for her. I’d never be able to choose just one)!
Excited for my painted/stenciled floor to be featured today at
Meet: Janel from
With a little $ and a lot of DIY creativity, Janel transformed her dining room and it’s so cute!
It’s been a busy week but I managed something small. We found this old fireplace mantel/surround in the barn when we moved in. I love that it’s original to the house and new I wanted to add it to a wall in our dining room. I love the flexibility of moving things around, so I boxed it in so it is ‘freestanding’ and not attached permanently to the wall.
Our Dining Room Makeover:
- Took down old ceiling tiles
- Installed smooth drywall ceiling
- Ripped out old filthy carpet
- Sanded and poly’d hardwood floor
- New light fixture
Spring 2011…new distressed bamboo floor:
Decorated for fall…
When we bought the house…
Seasonal dining room mantel:
along with a new area rug…
See all dining room related posts in the DIY Show Off home tour.
Please share your holiday posts below!
- You must use the button above in your blog post or side bar to share the linky love.
- Add your permalink (not your blog url, but your holiday project post url which is the web address that goes directly to your holiday project blog post, not your blog address). Feel free to link a Past Post, just be sure add the DIY Holiday Highlights button to your side bar.
- Or email your link to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will add it for you.
- IF YOU’RE STILL IN THE FALL/THANKSGIVING MIND SET, LINK UP TO THE DIY FALL FESTIVAL AT http://thediyshowoff.blogspot.com/search/label/Fall%20Festival.
- If you notice your link has disappeared –please check the content of your post. Is it holiday related? Add the link back to The DIY Show Off to your post today with a quick note to your readers about the party and try again!