My Michaels Makers challenge for October is “Halloween Party” and what a fun time shopping the aisles of Michaels for accessories. From cute and friendly to creepy-spooky, they have everything you need to host an awesome monster-bash!
Edgar Allan Poe’s The Raven is a poem often noted for its supernatural atmosphere, making it the perfect theme for your next Halloween party…
Shop for fun accents with Victorian, modern bold patterns and creepy Halloween vibes. Connect the variety of design styles with a black and white color palette.
Journals make the perfect party favor for this author and poem – inspired party. Popcorn is the perfect snack to serve while ‘The Raven’ is just the right length to read by candlelight via candelabra…
Nevermore Tree Centerpiece (an oldie by favorite craft)
- Vase, container, urn.
- Small branch (desired size that fits your container). Choose one that has several branch-offs to look more like a tree.
- Black spray paint
- Styrofoam cone
- Handful of dry moss. Other options: shredded newspaper, crinkled paper
- Accessories: faux crows/ravens, plastic spiders, cotton spider webbing, ribbon
- Optional: hot glue
2. Using the bottom of my tree branch, I poked a hole into the circular side of my cone. Insert the Styrofoam cone into container with the circular side/hole facing up. You can secure your foam to the container. I didn’t.
3. Insert the branch into the Styrofoam hole. Secure with hot glue if needed.
4. Cover styrofoam with dried moss, crinkled paper or shredded paper. Glue into place if desired.
5. ACCESSORIZE: String dried moss and spider webs to branches (drag the spider webbing). Attach ravens. I used black twist ties to attach some of my crows, others are just propped on branches. I did use hot glue to attach a few plastic spiders and added a couple of snips of sheer ribbon here and there for a little added whimsy.
Whether you’re into spooky sights, playful pumpkins or giggling ghouls, Michaels is your Boo-It-Yourself Halloween Headquarters and has tons of ideas for DIY costumes and décor.
Be sure to check out all of the other Michaels Makers Boo-It-Yourself Halloween ideas on the Michaels blog or by viewing the links below on Monday, October 3rd at 11 a.m. CST: