The Roomspiration series was a ton of fun, wasn’t it? I was honored to host the Kitchen edition which you can see at ROOMSPIRATION ~ KITCHENS…
Thanks to everyone who participated! I enjoyed a glimpse into the heart of your home! Here are a few most visited/most liked links from the linky party:
Interested in seeing other specific rooms? Visit the below lovely ladies!
I had so much fun getting to know these talented ladies and their beautiful homes and seeing so much real inspiration from fellow bloggers linking up their gorgeous homes!
Closet and Nooks:
Laundry and Mudrooms:
If you’ve been following the Roomspiration series, you’ve seen beautiful and inspiring do-it-yourself entryways, livingrooms, bathrooms, guest rooms, craft rooms, dining rooms, kids’ bedrooms, nurseries, master bedrooms, closets and nooks, laundry rooms and mud rooms and now…welcome to the Kitchen Edition.
Welcome to our kitchen makeover!
We’ve been working on remodeling our kitchen for almost a year and we’re almost done! I had hoped to be completely ready for a true reveal but it’s still a work in progress. We’re still working on plans for the kitchen island, still have to finish baseboard trim, framing a window and the tin backsplash behind the stove but…take a look at how far we’ve come:
First thing we did was swap out single door…
Now: French doors
(sorry – it’s so bright, I can’t get a good picture)
When we bought our home the kitchen had orange-oak cabinets, blue laminate countertops, dirty white walls and old worn vinyl flooring.
What we did:
- Swapped out old single door for French doors
- Granite countertops (Virginia Jet Mist)
- New instant hot water dispenser, articulating/sprayer and soap dispenser
Antique Distressed Java
- Installed recess lighting, $5 thrift find – pot rack, new semi-flush mounts and dimmer switch.
- Painted (True Value Easy Care Platinum/Color = Old Fashioned)
- Pantry Door Clock tutorial
- Entryway – this is where we enter our home for now. When we have a new front entry and when a new stand alone refrigerator and stand alone freezer are in the budget, this area will go away.
(See the original house siding and where the kitchen was doubled in size sometime in the past by previous owners?)
Hopefully by the end of the year, it will be complete. In the meantime, we love the changes we’ve made.
Now it’s your turn to show off your kitchen!
Please follow these rules for joining in:
- Link up your kitchen below. If linking an old post, add the button to the most recent stating you’re participating in Roomspiration-Kitchens today or add it to your side bar for the next week.
- All Roomspiration linky parties stay open through October 14th.
- Follow the DIY Show Off and visit some of the links.
- Don’t forget!
Enter the $100 Better Homes & Gardens/WalMart gift card giveaway here!
- Copy and past the button code into your post or on your side bar to share Roomspiration – Kitchens with your readers.
If reading through your email subscription, click here to link
up or visit all of the links to beautiful kitchens.
Here’s the full Roomspiration schedule:
I had so much fun getting to know these talented ladies and their beautiful homes:
As you can tell, it’s been a very busy week so I’ll be taking this beautiful warm, sunny Saturday off from blogging and see you Sunday at the DIY Project Parade. Enjoy the weekend!
Happy to make a new friend this week! I’m joining the party at<