I know. I know. I’m sure you’ve heard about essential oils since there is a big buzz about them every where you turn right now. I remember how that felt…annoying. But then something changed. I thought I’d share a little about how I was introduced.
Last year when I was feeling helpless about my family’s health (some of you often ask about my sister and mom and aunt … and they are doing well, all finished with treatment. My sister is still suffering from some of the effects and has bad days but she’s hanging in there). I want her to feel 100%. Thank you for your prayers! At a time when I was praying for my family, I was introduced to Young Living. Now I’m still armed with prayer first and foremost and although there hasn’t been a need for me personally in the past year, I’d still consider modern medicine (I’m not completely ruling that out for us…yet), but I do feel like YL essential oils were an answer to my prayers. The timing was perfect. I no longer feel so helpless. I’m on a mission to share because I want the same for others.
My sister 5 mos. post chemo and my cute nephew..her hair is growing back so pretty! Love these two!
Why essential oils? Sure. I knew that most of the products in our home had toxins but we never had a family history of anything serious. They’re approved for sale and use, so what’s the big deal? The respiratory problems I felt when cleaning the bathroom and breathing in cleaners…they disappeared later in the day. The foods we ate…everyone eats, so no big deal, right? The over the counter options…side effects but relief, right? Not quite. When the past three years revealed serious health issues to someone new in my family every single year, it became evident that our environment and what we were consuming are harming us, poisoning us, taking away the good health we were taking for granted. I don’t want this year or any year to be my turn. I don’t want health scares for anyone. Sometimes the little choices we make on a daily basis do have long term consequences. And I don’t want that day to ever arrive and me thinking I wish I would have made changes years ago. Being pro-active started the day someone told me about Young Living and it’s my wish that this blog post serves the same purpose for you, the desire to embrace wellness and take a step that could potentially inspire a stronger you, a happy family and a healthier life-style.
I have a very close-knit family and my wish is for every single one of these faces to live a healthy, happy life!
We’re using essential oils every day and I feel so passionate about sharing with others. To have these on hand is so empowering. There are hundreds of benefits. They’re not just for making your home smell pretty. They’re about embracing wellness, promoting a healthy home and lifestyle. Now we grab an essential oil for minor first aid. Now we’re proactive about boosting our immune system, about maintaining a healthy body and mind, about feeling better and happier, about eliminating the harmful chemicals. I find it interesting that I used to accept and willingly take and use products that had bad long term side effects because they were endorsed on tv (even with disclaimers about the bad stuff!), by those who I felt were appointed to make our well being the priority (turns out I was wrong) or by a professional without a second thought but I’d roll my eyes and get all skeptical when someone brought up natural God-made options. What was I thinking?!
The Premium Starter Kit comes with 11 bottles of essential oils (Peppermint, Thieves, Lemon, Purification, Tea Tree Oil, Lavender, Stress Away, Citrus Fresh, Frankincense, Joy and PanAway), extra samples and a $75 diffuser. Throw in the monthly promotional gifts that come directly from me and you’re paying $150 for a package valued well over $300. You pay HALF that! There’s never any obligation to order more or do anything else. It’s an awesome way to give them a good fair try.
Still feel like too much? It’s worth saving for, it’s worth the investment! Think of how much we spend on beauty products, candles, air fresheners, perfumes, gifts, cleaning supplies, over-the-counter options. I used to purchase a perfume that cost $75 for 3 oz., candles that went for over $20 a jar, over $20 when I felt I was coming down with something from the drugstore. I’d hit the dollar store for cleaning supplies. But expensive or cheap, are any of those really worth the effects of chemicals?
A new grandson…more reason to make healthier choices. I want to be around to see this cutie grow as well as encourage smart decisions, good judgement and a healthy lifestyle.
Feel overwhelmed by information? The best way to understand is to get started. It does get easier, I promise. So how are some ways I’m using them every single day? Equipped with an Essential Oil Pocket Reference, I’m learning to reach for an essential oil first! The Premium Starter kit is the best way to test the oils, to experience an oily lifestyle.
- I diffuse morning, afternoon and evening. I choose an essential oil that fits our routine. Something happy/clean in the morning (Purification or lemon), something to energizing (En-R-Gee) in the afternoon, something relaxing in the evenings (Lavender). It’s fun making up blends too. I love that I control the strength and the diffuser is amazing. You can see it working the minute you press the start button!
- I apply Thieves to our feet if we feel we’ve been exposed to or are coming down with something. We add Thieves, lemon and honey to hot water for scratchy throats. We diffuse it if the baby is coming over to purify the air.
- I drink an ounce of Ningxia Red every day (so yummy) to promote a healthy immune system. If I forget it, I notice it so I know it’s working to give me energy too.
- My husband applies cedarwood every evening for a good night’s rest (I’ve heard it works for hair regrowth too)! Sometimes he’ll swap it out for Valerian, Rutavala, Lavender, Peace & Calming.
- I’ve made up my own perfume using jojoba oil with grapefruit, jasmine and ylang ylang…and get so many compliments!
- I whipped up a batch for something that works for my occasional anxiety…that alone is worth every penny to me. Courage!
- When a certain someone is noisily ‘sawing logs’ in the bed next to me, an application of Valor or Thyme takes away the disruptive zzzzzz.
- I clean my counters, bathroom, mirrors, windows, glass top table, appliances and spot clean or bamboo floors with Thieves household cleaner.
- Deep Relief for when I feel like I’ve been hit by a train.
- Thieves toothpaste (stop the fluoride!) and a drop of orange essential oil for whitening.
- Thieves hand sanitizer is a must have!
- My husband loves Sulfurzyme for his creaky knees and fingers.
- Thieves or peppermint in the dog’s water for stinky breath.
- Peace & Calming stops an excessively barking, hyper dog (some children too).
- Lavender with coconut oil for baby for soothing diaper area and scaly skin/head and after bath/before bed.
- DiGize for promoting healthy digestion…I use this a lot. It works!
- Lavender on my thumb where it meets my wrist when I touched a hot oven. A bit of a sting at first then just like it never happened. No scab or scar.
- Making up handmade gifts such as bath salts, sugar scrubs, lotions, rubs, etc.
- Adding them to our recipes.
Essential Oil Obsessed: Many of the essential oils shown were free…either as a part of the awesome monthly promotion at Young Living or as a part of the Essential Rewards program.
Valor: An ‘anxious’ girl’s best friend.
And that’s just a few of the ways we’re using them.
The business opportunity: It’s never required but as a wholesale distributor, the opportunity is there. And as I use essential oils, as I see how they’re benefitting those I love, I actually feel guilty if I don’t share. I want others to feel better, to make healthy choices. When I first brought essential oils into our home, it was not my intention to take advantage of the business opportunity at all. I mean really. Who’s ever interested in pursuing a career in network marketing? No one that I know. In this case, it happens naturally. When I started sharing how they’re working for me, it just happened. Others wanted them too. It’s as simple as sharing your member# with others and showing them how to get essential oils for themselves. We all share our favorite book, movie, restaurant and this is so much more important that it’s hard to keep quiet. Not to mention, the opportunity is there. How we’re feeling is always a topic of discussion. And before I knew it, I began to get paychecks that pay for my essential oils, paychecks that support my blog. What an unexpected blessing! Who couldn’t use a little extra cash? Once you see the potential, your goals and dreams change. What felt out of reach is now a real possibility. And as apart of the Oily Family team, you’ll have access to a ton of resources. You’re not left to fend for yourself. Bonus! Being a blogger isn’t necessary – spreading the oily love is as easy as sharing with the people around you. However, if you are a blogger well then, you’d be joining one awesome rock star team! Either way, we’d love to welcome you to our Oily Family!
If this is something you’re interested in for yourself, for your kids, for your family, I’d love for you to join the DIYShowOff and Oily Families team. You’re welcome to contact me anytime with questions. There’s no need to embark on an essential oils journey all alone, to have essential oils that sit in a box unused. Simply go HERE to get your Premium Starter Kit today. Once I receive notification that you’ve ordered the Premium Starter Kit, your extra goodies from me will be in the mail and on their way! You’ll have an entire team for support, guidance and resources. I hope you’ll join me in starting a life-changing healthy journey! xo
Here are some blog posts with helpful recipes and ideas:
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
*Not located in the US? No problem! See if YL is available in your country here. The offer above is available to new members located in the USA only, however, I’ll create a separate comparable alternative “Embracing Wellness bundle” of extras for those located outside the US.