Still looking for an inexpensive spring decorative craft idea? This project is super easy and inexpensive and a beautiful large statement any wall any time, but perfect for seasonal (SPRING!).
What I used:
- Styrofoam sheets (4 – 12″ x 12″ x 1″ and 1 – 18″ x12″ x 1″)
- Scrapbook paper (I used 4 12″ x 12″ and coordinating scraps)
- Ribbon (I used 1″ wide and I’m not sure of the amount…have a couple of spools handy just in case.)
- Low temp hot glue gun/glue
- Scissors or serrated knife
- Xacto knife (optional)
1. I started by using hot glue to attach ribbon to the sides of each of my four 12 x 12 Styrofoam panels. I also used thumbtacks to help hold in place.
2. Create your own, use a letter stencil or free-hand (like I did) the letters “L O V E”.
3. Trace and cut out letters on Styrofoam sheet (18 x 12 x 1) using a scissor blade.
4. Shave down loose Styrofoam with Xacto knife.
5. Trace letter onto scrapbook paper and cut out.
6. Glue ribbon around the 1″ side of each letter.
7. I used hot glue to attach 12 x 12 scrapbook paper to 12 x 12 Styrofoam panel AND scrapbook paper letter to Styrofoam letter.
8. Use hot glue to attach letter to panel.
9. Since they’re light weight, I hung mine using Command velcro strips (no holes in the wall).
A quick (about 1 hr) project for pretty, customize-able spring wall art. There are so many more great wall art ideas at Styrofoam Crafts!