I recently shared a tutorial for peacock feather triptych canvas art at the DIY Club and wanted to share with you here too.
- Vinyl art (make your own using a Silhouette or check out the selection at Design Divas). A tree or almost any other silhouette shape/design would work.
- 3 canvases (see selection at Canvas Corp.). I think using 3 similar canvases that already have a painted design would be pretty and unique too (not just white…but a design).
- Deco Art Americana paints (we used Desert Turquoise, Cadmium Yellow and Royal Purple), choosing gold to tie in her mustard yellow dining room table.
Using my Silhouette Cameo, I cut out a vinyl peacock feather to use as a stencil.
We gave the canvases a quick coat of primer.
Once dry, we applied the vinyl and made sure it was rubbed down and had a good stick.
then removed the transfer paper
Optional step: Cover canvases and vinyl with base coat to help prevent seepage underneath the vinyl (and if it does seep, it will be the base coat color and invisible).
Next, using DecoArt Americana acrylic craft paints, we gave each canvas (over top of the vinyl) two coats and let it dry.
Then we peeled away the vinyl.
And touched up/added a little more detail.
I love that it’s versatile. Horizontal…but it almost reminds me of fish bones (oops!)…
Vertical, much better…
Inspiration: here. We decided to try our own peacock feather silhouette using the colors for her planned dining room (see more purple/gold/turquoise design plans on our Ali’s Dining Room Pinterest board).
dining room color palette
Let’s see what you’ve been up to!
<div align="center"><a href="http://diyshowoff.com/category/other/diy-project-parade/" title="DIY Show Off Project Parade"><img src="https://i899.photobucket.com/albums/ac195/Roeshel/DIYprojectparadebutton.png" alt="DIY Show Off Project Parade" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
1. You must use the button above or text and link to this post to share the linky love. Here is the link: http://diyshowoff.com/category/other/diy-project-parade/.2. Your post must be recent, shared at one DIY Project Parade only (not continuously) and be DIY related.
7. Visit a few other links to make some friends and to collect some creative inspiration!