I recently created a gift basket for a sweet local lady’s benefit and it was a big hit. Since it’d make a great gift idea for the holidays, I wanted to share the idea as a part of my Michaels Makers’ December challenge. Purchase everything you need from Michaels Craft Stores and assemble or add a little DIY to make it a little more handmade.
Materials I used: Michael’s has an awesome gift selection, DIY/craft supplies AND so many great gift wrapping accessories too!
- Eat, drink & be merry sign (They were on sale the last time I looked!) or snag a beautiful picture frame or two and print the free printables provided below
- basket & shredded white paper filler
- two mason jar mugs
- green mason jar lids with straws
- Christmas ornament
- mini faux Christmas tree with burlap covered root ball
- regular or organic cocoa mix in a mason jar with chalkboard lid label
- optional: peppermint essential oil or peppermint schnapps, washi tape
More options: candy canes, marshmallows, holiday CD or movie, Christmas candle or homemade Christmas cookies.
A budget friendly option. Print one or both of the attached chalkboard printables and frame in place of making a DIY sign or buying a print:
Right click and save to your desktop to print or click the blue link below to download the PDF for printing.
Pin to your Holiday Gift board for future gift giving inspiration!
See MORE Michaels Makers’ gift idea challenges:
Find more holiday inspiration from Michaels:
- If you’re looking for the perfect gift for your loved ones this year, check out Michaels gift guide.
- Not only did we get to make creative holiday gifts from Michaels, but we also decorated trees! If you haven’t gotten around to putting up your tree yet, the Michaels Makers Dream Tree Reveal and Decorating Tips posts are a must see.
- Can’t think of what you’re going to give your craftiest friends this season? There are some great projects on Michaels’ DIY Gift Ideas Pinterest board that might spark your interest!
*As a member of the Michaels’ Makers team, I receive a gift card to complete and share fun craft challenges. All ideas and opinions are my own.