We’re working on a special area for Mr. DIY. Here’s one of the things we made for the area:
DIY Triple Clipboard Tutorial
Board (I used a pre-cut unfinished wooden shelf base, approx. 4′ x 12′ x 1″)
1. I used the Rockler TransTint Dye to stain my piece of wood which will be the back of my clipboard. (Mix according to instructions – add more for darker/less for lighter color).
2. Allow to dry.
3. Measure and divide board into 3 equal sections (I used a Sharpie – I don’t mind the line showing to separate the clipboard areas).
4. Peel and stick vinyl chalkboard tags into place. I placed mine above the area I intend to secure the clip.
5. Layout clips and mark where pilot holes need to be drilled.
6. Drill pilot holes.
7. Attach clips using screws provided.
(Oh – I wasn’t fond of the brassy color so I gave mine a coat of antique gold spray paint and splattered with a darker brown for an ‘old’ look).
8. All done and ready to hang (we secured to the wall using drywall screws into studs but using Dischangers will allow your clipboard to be more mobile for moving).
More on this clipboard’s specific purpose coming up! You’ll never guess. 🙂
Ps. Still working on the subscription issues…I’m keeping my fingers crossed that the full post shows in the feed today! EDIT: It looks like the full post is in the feed but images are not. Back to the drawing board! Thank you so much for your patience!