First, let me tell you a little about one of my current favorite essential oils. (Although for real, there really is no such thing as ONE favorite…they all have so many amazing benefits. It’s the entire Young Living essential oils line that has been life changing for our family.) But, today I’m sharing about Lavender essential oil: Lavender’s sweet, floral aroma and stress-relieving properties make it a versatile and beneficial addition to your daily routine. Lavender has so many amazing uses! Here are just a few quick ways we’ve been using lavender essential oil lately…
Lavender is also good for supporting normal healing and soothing minor skin discomfort.
Grandbaby boy’s head has the occasional flaky, scaly and crusty look to it. I know it’s normal and it goes away on it’s own but it sure doesn’t look pretty. I added 2-3 drops of lavender essential Oil (I only trust Young Living brand) to a 10 ml roller bottle then filled it the rest of the way up (dilute essential oil for infants) with a carrier oil (Young Living’s V6). All my daughter had to do was roll it onto his head and gently massage his scalp every once in a while (a few times a day for a few days/do it at a few diaper changes during the day in order to remember) and look at his beautiful scalp now:
Freshening laundry: I add a drop or two to each wool dryer ball for lavender scented fresh laundry and linens.
How about freshening up bed linens between washes? Yes, perfect for that too. Smells nice AND it promotes rest, relaxation and helps with occasional sleeplessness. I used lavender essential oil for those reasons but you can choose the essential oil you’d like to add.
Let’s get YOU started! Join the DIYShowOff essential oils team! Simply visit Young Living HERE (using member#1836762 as sponsor/enroller), choose the wholesale membership to save 24% (no obligations) and choose the Premium Starter Kit. It’s the best way to start your essential oils experience and a great deal! Embrace wellness! What are you waiting for? It’s never too late to start making healthier choices! Today’s the day! Learn more here.
Curious about more uses for essential oils? Follow the entire Healthy Living Healthy Home series by checking out these sweet blog friends and what they’re sharing:
An InLinkz Link-up
Sleepy time! Do you love it as much as I do? I know I don’t want to be operating power tools with a foggy head from lack of sleep. Not to mention, my family isn’t the most pleasant to be around when functioning on little sleep (me either for that matter). Know what I mean?
In our home: Someone has a bit of trouble falling asleep and when he does sleep, he sometimes snores. No sleep apnea. No medical conditions. Just out like a light when he finally gets there and sometimes, quite the disturbance. Me? I have a bit of trouble with turning my brain off at night so I read until I can’t keep my eyes open any longer. Then I sleep peacefully unless there’s a disturbance from the other side of the bed.
Here are the Young Living essential oils that have helped our family get a peaceful night’s rest:
- Cedarwood – Cedarwood has a warm, balsamic, woody aroma. It is relaxing and soothing when used for massage, and has long been used as a beneficial ingredient in cosmetic preparations for oily skin. He says it doesn’t make him feel drowsy instantly but it does promote a restful night of sleep. He does not like the smell (I don’t mind it) but the odor doesn’t stay around long and it’s a small price to pay for a restful snooze. He simply rubs a drop onto the bottom of each foot.
- Valerian – He adds a drop to a glass of milk. He does make a face and says it’s like a shot of what whiskey + milk would taste like but it makes him drowsy within a few minutes. It promotes a peaceful night’s sleep. He’s also added a drop to each foot but prefers the “shot” orally. This one smells stinky to me but again, not really a big deal. Valerian root has been used for thousands of years for its calming, grounding, and emotionally balancing influences. During the last three decades, it has been clinically investigated for its relaxing properties. Before we were introduced to Young Living essential oils, my husband occasionally took this in pill form as needed.
- Valor – Valor is an empowering combination of therapeutic-grade essential oils that works with both the physical and spiritual aspects of the body to increase feelings of strength, courage, and self-esteem in the face of adversity. Renowned for its strengthening qualities, Valor enhances an individual’s internal resources. It has also been found to help energy alignment in the body.
- RutaVaLa – RutaVaLa promotes relaxation of the body and mind. It helps ease tension and relieve stress. The blend helps overcome negative feelings while encouraging a positive attitude and comfort. A blend of rue, valerian and lavender. Apply RutaVaLa essential oil blend on the back of neck, base of spine, the feet, or just under the nose before bed to overcome negative feelings and lull the mind into a sense of comfort.
- Lavender – I add a few drops to distilled water with a pinch of epsom salts to a spray bottle and spritz our pillows and sheets every evening. Lavender has a fresh, sweet, floral, herbaceous aroma that is soothing and refreshing. Because it is the most versatile of all essential oils, no home should be without it. Lavender is an adaptogen, and therefore can assist the body when adapting to stress or imbalances. It is a great aid for relaxing and winding down before bedtime, yet has balancing properties that can also boost stamina and energy.
- Peace & Calming – Peace & Calming is a gentle, fragrant blend. When diffused, it helps calm tensions and uplift the spirit, promoting relaxation and a deep sense of peace. When massaged on the bottoms of the feet, it can be a wonderful prelude to a peaceful night’s rest. Peace & Calming may be especially calming and comforting to young children after an overactive and stressful day. This one is my mom’s favorite and she claims a little goes a long way. A lovely oil to diffuse at bed time. Calms everyone…including the dog.
- Tranquil Roll On – When I have had a stressful day and can’t even concentrate on my book at bedtime, I apply this to my wrists, temples and a swipe under my nose for promoting relaxation. Tranquil Roll-On is a blend of lavender, cedarwood and roman chamomile essential oils formulated to calm and relax the body and mind. Using the roll-on application, Tranquil provides convenient and portable relaxation.
No groggy feeling the next day. No side effects.
*Note: We do not use all of the above mentioned oils every night, all together at one time. He chooses either Valerian, Cedarwood or soon, RutaVaLa…whichever we happen to have on hand. He alternates between them, one a night. I use the lavender recipe to spritz the sheets and pillows every night or when I remember to. I crack open the Tranquil if he’s exhausted after a long day at work and apply Valor before (if I remember). We diffuse Peace & Calming while we’re unwinding in the evenings. I grab the Tranquil Roll On (or Stress Away) if I have a lot on my mind.
If having occasional trouble getting your thoughts to stop when your head hits the pillow and desperate to try something all natural… I recommend giving these Young Living essential oils a try. I’ve had several family members share amazing results. I hope they’ll help you too!
Want to know more and the information on how you can get your own?Go here.
Looking to share Young Living essential oils in the way of a gift or searching for a fun incentive or prize idea?
If you’re making healthier choices such as adding drinking more water to your daily routine like I am, you’re going to love this! Of course incorporating more water into your diet is super healthy but how about kicking that up a notch or two by adding a drop of lemon, lime or grapefruit essential oil?
And since Young Living citrus essential oils are so potent they break down the petrochemicals in plastic water bottles, using glass or stainless steel is a must! I recently put together a gift basket for a friend and it turned out pretty cute so I thought I’d share it here too.
Contents: (some affiliate links below)
Great for so many different occasions: birthday, get well, a fun prize, encouragement, thank you, just because, bon voyage, congratulations, Christmas, a great giveaway, promotional.
What are Young Living Essential Oils anyway? Start HERE for more info. As always, feel free to contact me with any questions!
Been sitting on the fence? Today is the day! Sign up with a distributor membership and purchase the premium starter kit using #1836762 and not only will I send you a free Essential Oils Quick Reference Guide, but also a some free gifts (incentives change from month to month!)
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
We entertain a lot during the summer and I’m always looking for amazing recipes to serve guests. Last night I taught an Essential Oils 101 class in my home and served up these delicious berry smoothies to my guests.
I loooove berries so when Young Living recently released Gary’s True Grit Ningxia Berry Syrup (1 liter NingXia berry syrup with lemon and orange essential oils), it was quickly added to my shopping cart. Ingredients include: Organic evaporated cane juice, Water, Berry juice concentrate (Blueberry, Pomegranate, Apricot, Raspberry), Pure vanilla extract, Xanthan gum, Grape pomace extract, Lemon (Citrus Limon) peel oil, Orange (Citrus sinensis) peel extract, Wolfberry Seed oil.
Ningxia Berry Smoothie Recipe
Add the following to your blender:
- 2 scoops of frozen vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup of Silk almond coconut milk blend
- handful of frozen berries (I used frozen strawberries, red and black raspberries and blueberries
- 2 tbs. of Young Living Ningxia Berry Syrup
Blend on medium until smooth. Pour into glass. Top with a few berries. Serve. SO good! So berry-licious and refreshing on a hot summer day! And when you live within 1 mile of a popular ice-cream franchise like we do, a much healthier option too. 😉
*I filled up my blender to make a serving for 6. I also made them about an hour before the class and froze until ready to serve.
Looking for more info on Young Living Essential Oils? Visit my natural living page for more details and an awesome special deal!
Enjoy the weekend, friends! Stay cool!