Cinnamon Apple Crisp
This is so good! I adapted my mom’s homemade apple crisp recipe to include cinnamon bark essential oil. Yum!
- apples (peeled/cored/sliced) – 8 cups
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tsp. salt
- optional: cinnamon bark essential oil
- sugar – 2 cups (or 1 cup white granulated + 1 cup brown sugar)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2/3 cup butter (softened)
Line bottom of 9×13 baking dish with apples. Add salt and 1-2 drops of cinnamon essential oil (optional) to water. Pour over apples. Sprinkle cinnamon on apples.
Mix sugar, flour and butter (add 1 drop of cinnamon essential oil if desired). Crumble mixture on top of apples.
Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes.
Reduce heat to 350 degrees and continue baking for an additional 20-25 minutes.
Serve warm with vanilla ice-cream. Serves 15-20.
Gifts for the Baker – Inspired by Macy’s cookware buying guide
- 9 Inch Pie Dish
- Icing Spatula
- Belgian Waffle Maker
- Egg Whites Beating Bowl
- Le Creuset Batter Bowl
- French Rolling Pin
- KitchenAid Stand Mixer
- Mixing Bowl Set
- Pastry Dough Blender
- Tart Pan
- Dessert Decorator
*This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Macy’s. The recipe, opinions and text are all mine.
If you love and use essential oils every day here are some great gift ideas (besides essential oils, of course) to add to your holiday wish list or gift suggestions for oily friends. These are things I already own or things that are on my own wish list. This post contains some affiliate links.
- Diffuser – essential oil fans will move one diffuser from room to room so having a second on hand is super convenient, a luxury even!
- Mortar & Pestle – for use with fresh herbs or infusing essential oils and sugar or salt, recipes, etc.
- Serving Tray – I love having this tray on hand for creating essential oil recipes and containing spills. It’s sort of like having a portable laboratory and protects furniture and/or tablecloths, etc.
- We’ve switched from using dryer sheets to these cool Wool Dryer Balls. I love that I can add different scents when drying clothes (Lavender, Purification and Peace & Calming are my favorites).
- AromaGlide Roller Fitments – I love adding a roller ball lid to several of my essential oil bottles, especially ones I apply topically like DiGize, EndoFlex, Dragon Time, Valerian, etc.
- Acrylic Display – keeps essential oils organized and all within easy reach. I alphabetize mine. This display holds about 60 bottles.
- Stainless Steel Tumbler – a must have (personalize with vinyl). Several of my family members are never without their tumbler. Keeps drinks ice cold all day long (hot too)…if your drink would last that long and works great with citrus essential oils.
- Measuring Shot Glasses – is a great gift idea (along with a bottle of Ningxia Red too). Handy for essential oil recipes too.
- Sample Bottles – sharing essential oils with family and friends is inevitable. Having mini sample bottles on hand makes sharing a drop or two easy!
- Organic Coconut Oil – so many uses and a favorite oil for diluting essential oils.
- Dish Pan and Natural Dish Soap – handy for washing/cleaning empty essential oil bottles and natural dish soap is an ingredient for a DIY essential oil/bubble bath recipe.
More: Love this shop for handouts and supplies (it’s where I got my tablecloth too). Get a Gift Card for Business Building. And I’m pretty sure anything from here would be a great gift for essential oil friends too since I know I personally have to downsize my shopping cart every time I place an order.
What are essential oils?
Have anything you’d add to this list? Please share in the comments!