What? Recipes at DIY Show Off? Well, cooking is a do-it-yourself process, right? In our home, my husband does the cooking (not because I can’t but because he really enjoys it). We host a lot of dinner parties, summer cook outs and picnics and recently held a Mother’s Day BBQ (see the beautiful chandelier planters our guests and I made). Oops…back to HIS passion FOOD! and the reason for today’s blog post…our BBQ menu and a Summer Recipe Inspiration Link Party. Our BBQ menu included:
We’re new to sharing recipes (and taking food photos too). Let us know if you have any questions.
- Pulled Pork Sandwiches (recipe below)
- Fresh Crunchy Vinegar Cole Slaw (recipe below)
- Fresh baked buns (add pulled pork and coleslaw)
- Dill Red Potato Salad (recipe below)
- Pineapple Orange Trifle (recipe below)
Believe it or not, this vinegar cole slaw is requested at every family gathering! Try it!
Red potatoes, dill, olives? Delicious!
Easy and perfect for summer time!
All of that food serves our family gatherings of 15-20 people with plenty to eat, decent serving sizes and even seconds (in some cases thirds!).
Summer Inspiration: Recipes! It’s a link party and you’re invited to share your favorite summer recipes!
<div align="center"><a href="http://diyshowoff.com/2013/06/14/summer-bbq-menu/" title="DIY Show Off"><img src="https://i899.photobucket.com/albums/ac195/Roeshel/848ddd61-d09b-4181-9f44-1aa4a407dda0_zps674af437.jpg" alt="DIY Show Off" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
1. Please link up any project, old or new, that relates to the party theme: Summer Recipes only. Any links not related to the theme will be deleted. Your link shows on the link party on all four blogs shown above!
2. Please include the party button or a link to this post on your summer recipe blog post OR share the party via Facebook or Twitter to help spread the word! Thank you!
This is the first time I’ve shared Russ’ cooking and an entire event menu all in one spot. I can guarantee you he’s reading the comments so, what do you think? Curious as to what my chef cooks for me more often? Something you’d enjoy seeing more of?
For more summer recipe inspiration, visit these blog friends listed below:
and Thank you so much to Melissa from The Happier Homemaker for organizing this awesome summer series and for inviting me to participate! So fun! See the FULL Summer Inspiration series: