DIY Duck Tape Halloween Trick or Treat Bucket tutorial
Supplies I used:
- poster board or light weight card board
- duct tape – fun check out the Halloween patterns
- OR…I realized after the fact that the shape resembles a coffee can or paint can (and would provide more durability). This is a fun craft idea but GO grab some fun patterned DuckTape from Michaels and a clean empty paint can from the hardware store!
Tools/extras: cutting matt, Xacto knife/box cutter, scissors, plate
What I did: (this is what I did, but see note & recommendation under “supplies” above!)
1. Decide depth/height of bucket and cut a strip the length of poster board.
2. Place and overlap strips of duct tape to cover each side of the poster board.
3. I folded over a ‘border’ at the top and bottom.
4. Trim short sides. Set aside.
5. I used a salad plate for the size of my bucket. Cut a square of poster board just large enough for tracing the plate. Place and overlap strips of duct tape to each side.
6. Trace plate and cut out circle. This is the bottom of the bucket.
7. Using small pieces of duct tape, attach sides to the bottom.
8. Use a strip of duct tape to ‘close’ the open side of the bucket. Cover with coordinating duct tape to camouflage seam if you wish.
9. Reinforce bottom with more strips of duct tape.
10. Create an embellishment/sticker by overlapping duct tape, placing directly onto cutting matt. Cut out shape, etc. using an Xacto knife. Transfer to front of the bucket.
11. Handle is a strip of duct tape folded into thirds and secured with…more duct tape.
Ta-da! That was fun!
Get creative! Make more than one! My second one is a cute bat with googly eyes and wings. I love the interior Duck Tape design too. Next up on my DIY list is a monster design. So fun!
Enter the SpookDuckular Sweepstakes!
Decorate your trick-or-treat bag using duct tape, and then add an image of your creation to Pinterest. Submit your pin at SpookDuckular.com for a chance to win! Easy!
Oh My Gosh! The Prizes: $100 Michaels gift card each week in October, with a Grand Prize drawing happening the last week for one $500 Michaels gift card! Woo hoo!
Remaining Entry Periods:
- Week 2: 10/05/15 – 10/11/15
- Week 3: 10/12/15 – 10/18/15
- Week 4: 10/19/15 – 10/25/15
- Grand Prize: 09/28/15 – 10/31/15
Sweepstakes ends Oct, 31 2015. Good luck!!!
*I received compensation to share about this awesome SpookDuckular sweepstakes. Tutorial was optional. All thoughts, project tutorial and images are my own.