Hosting a Halloween party? Me too! And these (essential oils optional) treats make the cutest edible party favors!
Shopping List: (All supplies except marshmallows and essential oils are available at Michaels).
- Wilson (Halloween) Decorating Kit (shown: jack-o-lantern and witches/ravens)
- Recollections BOO Paper Straw Kit (or 24 color coordinating straws)
- Celebrate Treat Bags (4x2x9.5 in, 25 count))
- Wilson Candy Melts (I used orange and black)
- Essential Oils (orange = Tangerine Vitality / Clove Vitality, black = peppermint Vitality) – I recommend THIS BRAND.
- Coordinating Ribbon
- Jumbo Marshmallows
Time frame: about an hour.
What I did:
- Melt candy melts according to package instructions. (I use a glass mixing bowl/4 cup glass measuring cup.)
- Add 1-2 drops of essential oils and stir. (Frequently stir mixture with butter knife, keep mixture to one side/tilted for easier marshmallow swirling.)
- Poke straw into the center of a giant marshmallow.
- Swirl marshmallow into candy melt mixture. (Imperfections are cute! No need to be so serious about it. Aim for one pretty side.)
- Remove excess candy melt from bottom with a butter knife.
- Place on wax paper.
- Add candy decorations while candy melt surface is still wet.
- Let cool completely.
- Add to treat bag and tie closed with ribbon.
So cute and tasty too! So boutique-looking, right? Your guests will love them!
See The Raven inspired Halloween party decor post for more ideas.
More Halloween make & take inspiration:
If you used essential oils, the taste is subtle but so good! I couldn’t decide which I liked best!) New to essential oils? Get yours HERE!