I love silhouette shapes, don’t you? In need of some sort of framed art in our hallway, I decided to whip up some silhouettes of my pets to frame.
We have two pets in our home…Lalka, our ragdoll cat:
CocoRosie, our Italian greyhound:
Actual pictures of them are something I haven’t framed but black silhouettes on burlap are just about as sweet!
Materials I used:
- Two 8×10 picture frames
- Silhouette textured adhesive cardstock from Happy Crafters
What I did:
1. I cut out two 8×10 pieces of burlap (and ironed them using my irons highest setting and spritzing the burlap with water (not steam) on both sides).
2. Using my Silhouette designer studio software, I purchased a cat and greyhound silhouette from the Silhouette store and created two designs for cutting, one of an 8 x 10 matte for my white adhesive card stock and a dog and cat measured to fit inside of the matte on black adhesive card stock. I also saved my designs to cut out more adhesive cat and dog shapes for making handmade cards (using the adhesive card stock is like making your own custom stickers and adhesive labels).
3. Then adjusted the settings according to the “adhesive card stock” option and sent to the Silhouette for cutting.
4. Then simply peeled away my designs and placed them on the burlap. Easy peasy! I like that the adhesive keeps my designs in place on the burlap.
5. Then framed and hung them up on the wall.
Do you have pet art in your home? I love whimsical pet silhouettes. Remember my Italian Greyhound t-shirt?
Who knows what I’ll embellish next! I don’t have a pet accented throw pillow yet. It might be next on the list. 🙂
This post was sponsored. Happy Crafters provided the adhesive card stock. As always, opinion, experience and tutorial are my own. 🙂