- Beautiful reclaimed barnwood
- Lovely painted distressed furniture
I love each of those things, don’t you? Meet: Kimberly from
Kimberly is a professional home stager and decorator and a nature at decorating and do-it-yourself projects. Here are some of my favorites:
100 year old reclaimed barnwood before:
And a tired old dresser before…
gets a new distressed paint technique and a new purpose in the dining room… oh-la-la!
See those pretty number tags too? I don’t know what it is about numbers but I love the charm it adds to decor, don’t you? Kimberly shares how to make these sweet little charms…
Here’s what you need:
- Key tag blanks. (I got mine from Ace Hardware, they are steel with a brass finish and are about 1 and 1/2″ across)
- Paint and primer (white..but I’m considering doing some blue or dark green ones with white numbers)
- StazOn Stamp Ink (and number stamps)
- Embossing Enamel (clear)
For more information on enamel tags, see the original inspiration at Can’t Stop Making Things.
Fabulous! and how Iove that dresser!!!
This week I aged wood to look like old barn wood. I love the hutch. The numbers are wonderful.
Oh I just love this! I cannot wait to DIY these! Great post, thanks!
Awesome! I love that distressed look! 🙂 Thanks so much for sharing the tutorial.