Michael’s has a new collection of craft products called Make Market and this month’s challenge includes the denim trend, a collection of fun denim supplies.
I made up a cute denim tic tac toe game with carrying case. It fits easily on a book shelf and makes for a great gift.
What I used:
- 12 x 12 stretched denim canvas
- 12 x 12 denim panel
- denim ribbon
- fabric glue
- adhesive velcro
- 5-6 wood button cutouts
- 5-6 wood heart cutouts
- acrylic craft paint
- two denim pockets
What I did:
1. I painted the wood pieces and set them aside to dry.
2. Next I applied the denim ribbon to the denim panel with fabric glue to create a tic tac toe board.
3. Then I used the adhesive velcro on the back of a stretched denim canvas and the denim panel to create a ‘case’ for game pieces.
4. Two denim pockets also hold each player’s game pieces. I’m thinking an inexpensive drawer handle for carrying on one side would work perfectly too.
Wasn’t that easy? Store game pieces inside the denim ‘box’.
Portable for easy carrying and fun!
See more denim ideas from these Michael’s Makers bloggers:
Michaels has named denim the craft trend of 2015! Denim has always been a wardrobe staple and now it’s emerging in crafts and home décor.
If you’re looking for some spring project inspiration, take a look at Michaels’ new Make Market line for DIY project and home décor ideas – all made with simple, on-trend surfaces and textures like chalk, denim, galvanized, burlap and cork.
Michaels Makers readers are getting the inside scoop on an upcoming craft contest that will send one lucky participant on the trip of a lifetime to Paris. Check back on my blog March 2 to get all the details on how to enter.
Disclaimer: As a member of the Michael’s Makers blog team, I received a Michael’s gift card to complete this craft challenge.