‘Tis the season to be jolly! And healthy! And if you’re wondering where to even start with a healthier lifestyle, here’s my story. As you know, I’m a DIY girl. No fear about diving in and giving things a try. So doing the same when it comes to wellness made sense to me. This is what got me started, raised awareness and made a difference in my lifestyle:
Is what you put into your body important to you? I‘m pretty sure by now that you’ve heard a lot about essential oils, right? ::groan:: and ::eye roll:: <— that was my initial reaction too! lol! What IS all the fuss about? Let me share it with you as short and sweet as I can why essential oils are all the rage for me personally. (Some affiliate links below.)
I am so forver grateful someone shared with me: When I first heard, I thought it was some temporary popular trend and I tuned it out. la-la-la-la-la!!!!!! But nearly 4 years ago on a blogging retreat, two of my blog buddies shared essential oils with me…I have a bit of an issue with traveling which causes some uncomfortable side effects (TMI! you don’t want to know) and the essential oil shared made all the difference! Oh.my.good.NESS! If it worked for that, how else? In my world at the time, my mom and sister were going through treatments for breast cancer. I was ready and open to making healthier choices. Baby steps. Just starting somewhere.
You guys, I’ve had 6 family members diagnosed with cancer in SIX years! I felt so helpless!
Essential oils have been around FOREVER and I know that lately they’re ALL THE HYPE but I believe it’s because word of mouth spreads faster these days via social media. They aren’t new. And specifically, Young Living has been around going on 30 years! I was still practically a child (and I’m a grandma now!). That’s not anything bright and shiny and just born. And “Young Living” is THE BRAND everyone wants. Because guess what? Not all essential oils are created equal! What I really love about Young Living is their Seed to Seal Guarantee. They aren’t just buying from a supplier and slapping on a label. Young Living controls the process of planting, harvesting, distilling, bottling, labeling and shipping from their own farms and partner farms from around the world with high standards and lots of testing. In fact,
Young Living is the #1 essential oils company in the world. I am confident that I am getting the best quality essential oil. One other quick point about Young Living…unlike buying a cheap oil from Amazon or WalMart or even TJMaxx (be aware: even a label with 100% pure doesn’t mean that’s the case), I love that I have support, resources and testimonials from personal experiences to help guide me on my oily journey. I’ve never had to work about my health but now I’m empowered to research, to learn more and to embrace wellness. When someone tells me they tried an essential oil and it didn’t work, I’m pretty sure they tried a fragrance or lower grade, not the quality of Young Living essential oils.
Nostalgia: Something that is really important to me … creating an environment for my sweet grandson that’s FREE of toxins. Know what else I really love? You know how a certain scent will take you back to a really special memory? I love that he is going to associate those amazing good scents like lavender or clove/cinnamon with his grammy.
What is an essential oil anyway? My first uneducated thought: “oh, some air freshening junk that maybe helps you relax, snake oils for hippies”. An essential oil is the substance created by plants for protection against damage, injury, predators, environmental/weather changes. And they work for humans (oh and my dog and that horse too) in much the same way. Whoa! I certainly never imagined that essential oils had powerful health benefits. What? Why haven’t we heard about them before? Why didn’t I know that I could grab an essential oil for relief or health support in so many ways without the synthetic chemicals or side effects? The answer to that is an involved blog post for another day but just because I never knew, doesn’t mean it isn’t so. Essential oils were one of the first medicines! I’m learning so much and I’m so thankful that my friends DID share with me because it’s made a HUGE difference in our lifestyle, our health, our finances and our home.
Again, why Young Living brand? The history, the quality, the support, the selection (hello essential oils, personal care, supplements, cleaning products and so much more – toxin free products I use every day!), the opportunities (ask me how I’m going to the lavender farm for FREE this fall and how I’ve passed up my blogging income, especially when I vowed I would NEVER promote one of those work-from-home type companies). It’s rewarding having the opportunity to help others make healthier choices too. I see how it really is changing lives. And because I see that for myself personally, I really can’t help but to shout it out to you on my blog on occasion or from the top of my lungs on Facebook! “YOU need these oils too!”
SO here is what I recommend: THIS DIFFUSER IS THE BOMB! 3-5-10 hour settings, LED lights (including a pretty candle flicker)! Love it!
…just dip your toe in by purchasing the premium starter kit. Just try and see. This gives you the biggest bang for your buck with NO obligations. It’s the best way to give essential oils a good fair shot to see the benefits for yourself! For $160 (+tax/shipping) you get:
- A diffuser: You’re going to want to diffuse your essential oils into the air so you can breathe in those health benefits and support! What I love: unlike a candle, there are no toxic chemicals or synthetic fragrances. I get to choose the scent I want to diffuse…something uplifting or relaxing, something immune boosting or cleansing, etc. AND I get to control the strength. A drop or two for sensitive noses, more for a POW – my house smells amazing! The diffusers are constructed of a medical grade material that will not break down with the use of essential oils. It also comes with a 1 year warranty.
- 11 bottles of essential oils: Peppermint (cooling, great for after exercise, occasional head tension, supporting a healthy digestive system), Frankincense (supports healthy skin, meditative/spiritual, promotes a sense of well being), Lemon (energizing and cleansing), Citrus Fresh (I love adding a few drops to freshen up laundry)), DiGize (a must have for supporting a healthy digestive system), Thieves (supports a healthy immune system, very popular oil that because of it’s awesome power is also used in YL’s household cleaner concentrate, bar soap, hand soap, laundry detergent, dishwashing liquid and dishwasher powder, dental products, hand purifier, etc. too – it’s SO good!), Lavender (relaxing and calming and awesome for all.things.healthy.skin!!!), Copaiba, PanAway (smells like IcyHot, great for after exercise), Raven (supports a healthy respiratory system!), Stress Away (enough said!).
- A sample of Thieves Household Cleaner (YOU WILL LOVE THIS!!! Cinnamon/clove scent?! Yes please!)
- Sample bottles and cards to share with others.
- Sample Ningxia Red (super juice – POW!)
- A lifetime wholesale membership – sounds scary but there are no obligations to order ever again. But if you do want to, you now have access to 24% off retail prices! Hurray! Spend 50 pv ($around $50) per year to stay an active member or … hey, go inactive. There is no penalty. You just don’t order again, you walk away free and clear.
- Friendships and support!
- The potential to share with others and to make a paycheck – it’s just there, hanging out, yours for the taking IF you want it. No requirements. No monthly quotas. You never HAVE to ‘sell’ or share or speak a word to anyone if you don’t want to. But if you do, you might just get an accidental paycheck! Let’s discuss the details. It’s not like your usual work-from-home multi-level marketing company.
- Access to a Rewards program IF you decide you love you oils to pieces and can’t live without MORE! Completely optional. I love it because I get things I used to buy at WalMart (but now a chemical free version) and my essential oils delivered to my door and I earn rewards BIG TIME (shopping spree!) but that’s just me. I’m talking about not just essential oils but our toothpaste, household cleaner, deodorant, laundry detergent, lotion, supplements, etc. You have the choice. Decline immediately, sign up if you want some other time or never join it. Up to you!
CYBER MONDAY DIYSHOWOFF PROMOTION:
- FREE GIFTS! ORDER NOW through November 30, 2018 and receive $25 cash back, a welcome bundle from DIYShowOff (that’s from me to you personally!) WHILE SUPPLIES LAST that includes my favorite educational material so you’re not left in the dark. Hey, those oils aren’t going to do anyone any good sitting in the box. Don’t be intimidated or overwhelmed…we’ve got you covered. I really want to get you all set up and ready to love your essential oils!). Choose one of these holiday gifts (first come, first serve basis)
Not really on board or into essential oils? Young Living is all about a chemical free home and healthy lifestyle. There are more options:
1. The Premium Starter Kit with diffuser (dewdrop diffuser shown below), 11 oils and samples.
2. The Ningxi Red kit (AWESOME daily supplement) and everything shown below:
3. Savvy Minerals Makeup kit…
4. Thieves Kit – all things Thieves & cleaning, supporting a healthy immune system.
How? Just go to YoungLiving.com. Be sure that my member#1836762 is in the enroller and sponsor spots, choose your Premium Starter Kit and you’re all set! Want recommendations for more or to learn how you can get free products with your order? Contact me for more info and I can walk you through the sign up process.
I’m excited for you to join an amazing oily family filled with so much love and support and fun! Can’t wait!
*This blog is sponsored by DIYShowOff & Young Living Essential Oils (Independent Distributor). The information on this blog is not meant to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
***Be sure to make your purchase using the enroller/sponsor#1836762 to qualify for DIYShowOff welcome bundle, community, incentives and gifts.