We’re hosting a family picnic to celebrate Independence Day. This easy DIY adds a patriotic touch of red,white and blue to the 4th of July theme.
DIY 4th of July Picnic Buffet Table Markers
- scrap wood (mine are 1 x 6 x about 10 inch pine, 2x4s or 4x4s would work too)
- a few wooden stars
- acrylic craft paint
- FrogTape® Shape Tape™ (chevron)
- chalkboard labels
- hot glue
- sandpaper/sanding block
- craft paint brushes
- hot glue gun
What I did:
1. I sanded and cleaned up the wood scraps.
2. Next, I gave each 2 coats of white paint and let dry.
3. Once the white paint was dry, I applied FrogTape® Shape Tape™ (I used the chevron pattern) in three strips, starting with the top, then the bottom, then centering the third between the top and bottom.
4. Using my thumbnail, I burnished the edges of the tape to activate the PaintBlock® Technology.
5. Then just paint the area not covered by tape. I used a combination of red and blue. I did two coats.
6. Carefully remove the tape while the paint is still wet.
7. I painted the wooden stars and let everything dry.
8. I applied a small bit of hot glue to the back of each star and attach to the painted chevron wood background.
9. I stuck on some chalkboard labels.
Time to set the table!
Disclaimer: I received compensation to complete this project for using FrogTape® products. All opinions, projects and ideas are based on my own experience.