Have you ever wondered what to do with a collection of wine corks? I love this awesome project from Laura at
who combines corks + wood trim + chalkboard to create a beautifully framed cork board/chalkboard. (Warning: This project may encourage more wine drinking.) Here’s how she made hers:
- Wine corks- lots of them (Laura used 350!)
- Piece of MDF- pre-cut to 36inch x 24inch
- trim for the outside frame
- picture frame for the chalkboard
- chalkboard paint
- paint for the outer frame
- liquid nails- to secure your frames
- hot glue gun- to secure your wine corks
- picture frame wire/screws, or Dischangers or 3M velcro for hanging
1) Cut trim pieces for the frame.
2) Assemble boards on piece of MDF and secure with liquid nails.
3) Clamp and let dry.
4) Paint outside frame and MDF and picture frame.
5) Paint an inner area the same size of the inside of the picture frame with chalkboard paint according to instructions. Let dry.
6) Attach picture frame (framing the chalkboard painted area) with wood glue.
7) Pre-arrange and secure wine corks using hot glue.
8) Attach picture frame wire/screws, Dischangers or 3M velcro to hang.
Her finished project looks like something I’d Pin from a Pottery Barn catalog. Awesome job, Laura!
See more DIY, decorating and Laura’s beautiful home tour at