I do love my Sharpies so I happily accepted the offer to participate in the Neon Sharpie campaign with a fun colorful Halloween project. I used the coupon link shared below to snag my 5 pack at Target…along with more than that of course…isn’t that always the way in that store?
NEW Sharpie Fine Point Neon markers have fun ultra vivid colors in natural light with ink that turns fluorescent in black light.
DIY Halloween Candy Skull Owl Plaque
- 5 pack Neon Sharpie Markers
- Wooden shield or route 66/road plaque (I picked mine up at a yard sale but you could also cut your own from thin plyboard or purchase online or in craft stores)
- White craft paint
- Black Sharpie
Using a pencil, I traced my camera lens cap for large circle eyes then utilized a few stencils but mostly just doodled with my neon Sharpie markers. I filled in the white surface with designs, shapes, flowers, spirals, etc.
and more. I tried to keep things symmetrical but being an amateur candy skull artist, it’s a bit off. I compensated here and there with design but a part of having hand-drawn charm is the imperfection, right? It doesn’t jump out and say OFF BALANCE. It’s still pretty!
until I was happy with my overall design. I love the bright vivid colors. So fun!
1$ off coupon (available while supplies last and in select stores) to purchase the 5 pack of Neon Sharpies from Target. Coupon Link: http://coupons.target.com/sharpie-coupons
See more fun Sharpie ideas:
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/sharpie
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Sharpie
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/sharpie
- Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/sharpieuncapped/