Weiya is the blog author at Enjoyer of Grace. She’s also enjoys DIY-ing on a budget. Her little guy needed a table just his size. She chose the Ikea LATT table which she found in the clearance section for just $15! Since it was originally used as the floor display, it wasn’t in the best condition. The wood was chipped in many areas and the table top had a few scratches. However, it was still sturdy and had no major defects.
Weiya took advantage of nap times to give the LATT set a little character.
- 3M sanding sponge (medium)
- Zinsser Bulls Eye 1-2-3 primer/sealer (I used this because I already
had it, however, next time I would choose regular primer paint instead
of spray paint to avoid the splotches.)
- Olympic 8 oz. sample interior ultra white
- Miniwax 64444 semi gloss polycrylic protective finishes, 1/2 pint
- 2 paintbrushes + 2 plastic trays
- drop cloth
- dust protection mask
- about a yard of fabric (preferably outdoor fabric for easy cleaning)
- 10 round craft mirrors (can be found at Michaels or Hobby Lobby)
- Elmer’s spray adhesive
- small flat blade
- painter’s tape
- 2-3 sheets of newspaper
After the pieces were ready to go, she carefully primed each piece and let it dry for an hour.
She then started applying the “ultra” white paint. 3 coats for the desired look and then waited an hour for it to dry.
She had some left over craft mirrors from a previous project and decided to use them for a little extra character 🙂
Isn’t it cute? So much better than just plain beat up wood! See more DIY from Weiya at Enjoyer of Grace.