This Show & Tell is for home accents only. If you have something else DIY or a room transformation, email me pictures or a link and I’ll show it off in it’s own special feature. 🙂
I‘m working on some DIY projects (specifically organization, cleaning and purging) but nothing to share personally. Here are some awesome reader DIY home accents to inspire you. Click the blog links for more details. Thanks ladies! While cleaning out my rooms and closets, I’m inspired to see things in a whole new way!
Crystal Napkin Rings by Sarah at All Things Crystal:
Misty repurposed old ikea lamps by wrapping the base in a natural fiber twine ($3.99) and replacing with lamp shades from Walmart ($10.00ea).
A cute stool makeover from Mimosa + Mocha
and a file cabinet gets a new look from her sister:
She decided to rehab this file cabinet to use for storing business related papers at her shop. She picked it up for just $7 at a thrift store (unfortunately she can’t find the “before” image).
She painted it with bronze spray paint ($3). Then covered the drawer in fabric cut from pillow cases she purchased for $2 from the Dollar Store and just glued the fabric on. She made sure to smooth out the front with a flat edge (letting it dry overnight) and then w
rapped the fabric around the edges and glued them down the next day for a finished look. Finally, she added in new handles from Walmart ($4) to complete the update.
Bench upholstery from Made by Stephanie:
Rita at Tesoro Fino turns a frame into a serving tray!
and some desert plates and pin cushion tea cups:
- You must use the button above and link to this post to share the linky love.
- Add your permalink (not your blog url, but your Show & Tell post url). Feel free to link a Past Post, just invite your readers in a current post with a quick note.
- Or email your link to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will add it for you.
- The party will run for a few days…so showing up fashionably late is acceptable. I will probably take tomorrow off from blogging so keep checking back for more links!
- If you notice your link has disappeared – please add the link back to The DIY Show Off to your post today with a quick note to your readers about the party and try again! I love when everyone participates and readers check out everyone’s links, but I think the return favor of linking back is the nice thing to do so everyone plays fair and enjoys all of the projects and links. Also – this Show & Tell is for HOME ACCENTS ONLY. Links not related to DIY home accents will be deleted.