I couldn’t find doormats for fall that appealed to me. So, of course – DIY to the rescue. Here is my tutorial. (You could also give an old doormat a new look.)
If you’re going to give this a shot, email me for some more helpful tips. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
1. I liked the lighter border so I taped it off.
2. I also liked the dark brown color, so I sprayed my back ground with a matching brown.
3. Then I used contact paper and leaves to make a stencil by cutting the contact paper to the same length as my door mats. (A monogram would be pretty too.)
4. I traced the leaves.
5. And cut them out with an Xacto knife.
6. Next I peeled of the back of the contact paper and stuck my stencil to the doormat. I found it easiest to drape the contact paper over a cardboard box to remove backing. Tricky!
7. I sprayed with white first hoping it’d help the color show up better.
Then, I used several different spray paint colors to paint my leaves.
8. I spritzed with a layer of hammered metallic bronze.
See the rest of my patio fall decorating outside HERE!