A fun popular Christmas tradition is kissing under the mistletoe. A sprig of the plant or a kissing ball is hung at Christmas time and those caught standing beneath it can expect a kiss.
And for December, the Michaels Makers December Challenge is to
- make it joyful
- make memories
- make it simple
- make the season bright
- make it in 1-2-3
- make holiday magic
- make it fun
- make it in under 30 minutes
Making this magical mistletoe greenhouse checks nearly all of those boxes!
Display the magic of a romantic moment! What a treasure for merry memory making! And making up this mistletoe greenhouse centerpiece is as easy as 1-2-3. Let’s get started!
I used these supplies from Michaels Craft Store:
- glass jar with wide opening – I love this one with a cork lid!
- potted silk greenery
- faux white berries
- burlap ribbon and twine
- fairy lights and batteries
- glue dots (or hot glue)
Tools I used:
- wire cutters
Time it took me: 15-30 minutes
What I did:
- Cut a piece of burlap ribbon to fit around the bottom of the glass jar (to hide the light pack. Secure with glue and twine.
- Install batteries into fairy light battery pack and place into the bottom of the glass jar.
- Trim down faux plant if needed and add white berries. I cut them with wire cutters and inserted into styrofoam and place plant into bottom of the glass jar (in the center of the string of lights).
- Embellish with letter stickers spelling “mistletoe”.
I love the greenhouse look! The glass enclosure, cork lid and fairy lights make it more special than it’d be without, doesn’t it? It’s a unique specimen and a magical way to display a faux floral arrangement.
The holidays are a time for family, friends and memories.
The glow from lights on the tree, the aroma of Christmas cookies fresh from the oven or the perfectly wrapped gift – these are things that make the holiday merry.
And in a world where it’s become super-commercialized, it’s the time of year when a personal touch means so much.
Michaels is the place that helps us fill every moment with love, joy and the pride of do-it-yourself creativity and handmade gifts.
Michaels has everything you need to make your holiday merry. For more quick and simple DIY holiday ideas, check out the projects on Michaels.com.
Looking for more holiday inspiration? Make sure you visit Michaels’ blog, The Glue String, to see the rest of the Michaels Makers’ DIY holiday project ideas.