DIY “READ” letters tutorial: I recent shared where I read and what I’m reading…
See that sliver of bare wall to the left? GASP! I’m not a minimalist so I decided it needs something. A quick trip to the craft store and I had an idea…
Aged/vintage inspired wall letters
- Cardboard letters spelling R-E-A-D (or “D-E-A-R” if I want to change them around)
- Deco Art’s Americana craft paint
- Dark brown glaze (I use Rockler’s TransTint dye)
- Command velcro hangers
1. I painted my letters and let them dry. I love this beautiful red (Deco Art Americana Tuscan Red)…
2. Once dry, I sanded the edges for a distressed/worn look.
3. Next I brushed on a dark glaze and wiped it off. I love the aged look it gives.
4. Once the glaze was dry, I applied velcro hangers since the cardboard is so light. (And no holes in the wall…that usually doesn’t stop me though. Holes can be patched.)
5. My letters are centered and spaced evenly and secured to the wall with the velcro.
What do you think?
I just learned that I’ve been nominated for the Best Home Design Blog at Apartment Therapy’s Homies 2012 and I’d love your vote! Visit AT Homies 2012 here
. Thank you SO MUCH!