I’ve introduced you to Tanya from
in the past. She has some awesome DIY skills and talent. She recently made a play kitchen for her little cousin. This is one of the sweetest hand made gifts ever!
See full tutorial at DIY Play Kitchen Reveal.
Awesome after photos:
I am so smitten with this kitchen and all of that fun food and accessories!
- Microwave stand: $6.99 (included cute, wooden handles that I painted)
- Faucet: $15.00 (with a bit of negotiating, bought from kijiji.ca)
- “Sink”: $3.99 (it’s actually a stainless mixing bowl from the thrift store)
- “Element”: $1.25 (a cork trivet from dollarama)
- Wood for shelf brackets + dowel: $5.00
- Primer & paint: leftovers
- Legs: Free! (Mom had them lying around)
Total kitchen cost, having paid the tax man (but minus accessories): $34.65
LInks to the DIY accessories:
- Vintage Melmac dishes are a fun, unbreakable, kid-sized dishware option
- Hand sewn tea towels in just the right size
- Teeny tiny matching pot holders
- Spray painted accessories for some colour
- More play kitchen inspiration
Tanya! You’re the best cousin ever! This is just so sweet, so amazing. I love it! Thank you so much for sharing. I definitely need to add this to my DIY list for my nephew’s 3rd birthday. I love that you kept things neutral and included a set of ‘boyish’ accessories too…
I love ALL of Tanya’s DIY. She is super talented. Please visit her at
to pin from the original source and see MORE great DIY ideas!