THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED. 🙂
Your 1 winners on “DIY bath sign and $50 Wallums Giveaway” is:
Main Bathroom Transformation:
I‘ve shared these next two before, but I love that I can show you how they’ve held up and stood the test of time AND have a little motivation to clean for current photos. 🙂
On the first floor, we have a guest bathroom and a powder room. These I will share with you. Both were budget friendly and serve as pretty functional use for us as well as guests in our home.
The last two bathrooms in our home are upstairs. One full hall bathroom and a dinky teeny tiny master bathroom. Seriously – you probably have a closet that’s larger. Those I will not share until I have a pretty ‘after’ transformation to ‘show off’. They’re both ugly, outdated and gross but one step at a time. Remember, we DIY and remodel as time and money allow. No debt. So until a few main floor projects are completed, those will stay our little secret.
Let’s see what you’ve done with your bathrooms! Head over to join us at
and link up your bathroom makeovers!
I’m also joining my friend Cassity today at
Fall Festival coming a little later this afternoon since both of these linky parties fell on the same day. 🙂
This post is brought to you by Bathrooms 365, with a great range of Kudos showers and full bathroom suites to choose from.
This post is brought to you by Geyser, get a stunning designer radiator for your home from our online store.
The old faucets are solid and silver. I’m guessing these things are old. I tried looking them up. They say “volverwine”. There is an old “Wolverine” brand. ? They’re heavy and the quality is awesome. I however want oil rubbed bronze to match other fixtures in the room. I decided that my old trusty favorite DIY magic transformation technique (spray painting) was the answer.
I tested the process on a gold brassy door stop. I loved the results. This is my all time favorite spray painting project so far!
I washed and dried them and I taped off the areas I didn’t want painted and put the knobs in the “off” position so I wouldn’t gum up the opening/closing function.
I used: Rustoleum Rusty Metal Primer Rustoleum Metallic Brilliant Metal Finish (oil rubbed bronze) Lacquer Hi-Gloss (for metal) I did at least two coats of the primer and ORB then quite a few of the lacquer. I stayed back about 9-12 inches to keep the spray even and to prevent runs.
Touch ups in 2013.