Michaels Makers October challenge is DIY Halloween costume.
So fun! Someone in our family is celebrating a first Halloween this year. But babies aren’t too interested in Halloween or costumes so I love that this costume really is super easy to throw together with an existing pair of overalls, and flannel or plaid shirt.
Grab a few props from Michaels and you have a perfect harvest/farm fresh themed photo opportunity for this time of year, a few decorative items to re-use and a comfortable baby ready for that Halloween party.
- bandana – tie on bib-style and/or cut a small piece for tucking to back pocket
- straw hat
- crate and veggies (artificial carrot bunch)
- fall leaves
- chalkboard garden stake
- straw bale
- not shown: silver bucket and alphabet stickers (create a milk pail for collecting trick or treat goodies)
And easy too!
After the fact, you have items for an autumn harvest vignette or centerpiece. Duel purpose pieces rock!
Need more DIY Halloween decor and costume ideas? Check these out:
- Michaels has great products and inspiration to help transform your yard, classroom or living room into a spooktacular space this year!
- Whether you’re into spooky sights, playful pumpkins or giggling ghouls, the Michaels.com Halloween project page has tons of ideas for DIY Halloween costumes and décor.
- Still haven’t decided what you’re going to be? Check out the other 49 DIY costumes from the Michaels Makers starting at 11 a.m. EST today and you might just find the perfect one for you, your kiddos or your beloved pet this Halloween– they’re to die for!