The Michaels’ Makers December Challenge is “Holiday Hacks”, how to creatively tackle everything the holidays might throw at you! Some helpful ideas for making holiday prep go smoothly. And I’m sharing 3 ways to wrap odd shaped objects. For example: a toy that’s got part of a box package, jewelry and a stuffed animal/ball.
these odd shapes…
now look irresistible…
Challenge: How to Wrap Difficult Objects
1. Gift wrap idea with a little handmade DIY touch: create a gift using a gift. Add jewelry or small gifts to a fillable ornament (this one comes in two pieces that snap together) with some filler (crinkled shredded paper or pine & berries). Embellish with a hook and bow. Almost too cute to open, isn’t it?
wrapped this way…
Love that jewelry shown above? Me too! Shop HERE (affiliate link). Don’t forget to grab the coupon below!
2. DIY! Create your own custom gift bag using your supply of wrapping paper for difficult shaped objects.
- Gather supplies: wrapping paper, scissors, tape and gift.
- Cut a piece of wrapping paper that fits around the gift.
- Fold paper so seams meet in the center.
- Tape seam.
- Fold bottom up, making sure that the folded area fits the depth/width of the gift.
- Open folded area and shape paper to create a diamond.
- Press seams with your fingers to create diamond shape.
- Fold down top and bottom of diamond to meet in the center, overlapping a bit.
- Tape seams. This creates the bottom of the gift bag. Tape well!
- Open gift bag.
- Place gift into the bag.
- Fold top down.
- Tape the package closed.
- Embellish with ribbon, bow, tag.
All set for giving!
3. And the obvious: A gift sack! Not just any ordinary gift bag, this adorable gift sack (available at Michaels) is a cuter option than the traditional gift bag AND something that will get use year after year. A re-usable gift! Love it! Perfect for oddly shaped gifts OR toting your stash of gifts on the go.
Cute, right? I love gift wrapping and these ideas are so helpful when it comes to solving the challenge of oddly shaped presents. Want to see more Holiday Hacks?
- Michaels has so many holiday project ideas with instructions at Michaels.com, including gift wrapping, home décor, last minute gift ideas, hostess gifts and more.
- Check out the other four holiday hack topics and the unique ideas from more creative Michaels’ Makers on the Michaels’ blog, The Glue String.
*I received a Michaels gift card to complete this challenge. All ideas are my own. 😉