You guys! There is a new little grand child arriving in just a couple of weeks! #EXCITING! So of course, this first time grandma needs to convert the guest room to allow space for baby sleep overs. The before is pretty enough…
It needed a good freshening up. And I’m sure that I’ll still be playing ‘doll house’ in this room, moving things around, adding a little something here and there but for now…it’s guest AND baby ready!
I started with a mood/design board to get a feel of how things would look, things I liked and things I already currently had on hand.
And here it is…
There’s still a bit of a to-do list:
- A new (used) dresser…of course I plan on giving it a DIY makeover (just have to find one first).
- Light fixture: I’d love to swap the existing for something gold.
- DIY wall art for above the headboard.
- Replacement casters for the portable crib.
- I’m thinking that the weathered green oar would be adorable mounted horizontally with some coat hooks.
- Of course you know me, there will probably be TONS of baby related DIY coming in the future too.
There are fairy lights strung between the curtains above the crib. The arrow near the rocker has a battery operated lights and a switch. There are fairy lights hanging around the top of the bed frame. So plenty of soft “night light” after sunset.
Do you spy the Young Living Aria Ultrasonic diffuser? Definitely a splurge but oh my goodness…this diffuser combines the latest in ultrasonic technology with a variety of useful features. The included remote lets you choose from a selection of soothing, built-in sounds or enjoy the multicolored LED lights. With the built-in speakers, you can plug in your own personal music player and enjoy the music of your choice. Diffuse some peace-inducing calming essential oils and it’s like a spa. I’m moving into the guest room!
- Wallpaint color: Blue is a mix of paints (sorry), “white” is actually Valspar Sandstone Gray. Tutorial coming soon!
- We already owned the bed.
- Light fixture…installed 7 years or so ago so I don’t remember where we got it. It was originally black but I used some Rub-n-Buff to give it a patina’d look.
- DIY A to Z book ends
- Painted storage box
- Framed felted deer head wall art tutorial
- sheer curtains
- DIY banner
- Molded plastic Eames-inspired rocker
- Vintage photographic print canvas set of 9
- Safavieh Carla Rug (Joss & Main but sold out. I do have to say that the rug shown did not arrive in good/brand new condition however Joss & Main/Wayfair customer service was excellent. I paid for a beautiful rug (this was not a review/free item) and so a few days later, a new replacement rug arrived. I haven’t had the chance to empty the room, roll the original back up and unroll/install or see the condition of the replacement but fingers crossed that it’s “new and stain-free”~ I’m optimistic and pleased with the service I received despite my original disappointment.
- Carousel Designs mini crib sheets (birch forest, grey raindrops, patchwork plaid). Birch forest shown.
- Pinch pleated comforter from Target in gray
- Megan Romo ‘Fair V’ Canvas Art
So what do you think? Quite a mismatched collection of styles, right? You know I love “eclectic” best. Now all we need is the baby.