Today I’m participating in a Favorite Things blog hop and what I really like about it is getting ideas from my blog friends for my own wish list. Since we have a lot in common, reading their top choices gives me ideas for things I might enjoy too. It goes without saying that family, friends, good health, etc. and a brand new sweet grandson…are at the top of my list!
After taking a look back, here are some of my top favorite material items and purchases: (*This post includes a few affiliate links.)
10. Wool Dryer Balls – with the addition to essential oils in our home, I’m now using these wool dryer balls in place of dryer sheets. I love that I can control the type and amount of scent I want to add to our freshly laundered clothes and bed linens.
9. Lush Shampoo – it’s a splurge but I love this shampoo. I ordered back in March, use it about 4 times a month and am just now ready to place another order. I think I’m going to give one of the shampoo bars a try this time.
8. This Rifle Paper black & gold polka dot iPhone 5 case…love it! It has protected my phone during many a fall and it’s pretty!
7. Hooded knit poncho – I believe I got mine at TJMaxx but here is a similar one at Boscov’s (on sale too). It’s my favorite sweater to grab for cooler weather.
6. Minnetonka double fringe ankle wedge boots (I found mine at Ross) – these are the footwear you’ll see me wearing this year. I love them and they’re my ‘go to’ boots every time I leave the house! Comfy!
5. I always have a lot to carry around. I use this Lucky brand Covina tote bag as a purse. I’ve about worn it out so I’ll be on the hunt for something new. Any suggestions? What do you carry? (Ps. A Google search shows it’s available on eBay.)
4. My daughter’s handmade jewelry at The Lunar Fae. I love this one: Red Jasper with Gun Metal Wire Wrap. Red Jasper brings problems to light and provides insight into difficult situations. An excellent worry stone, it calms the emotions when played with. It stimulates the base chakras while cleansing and stabilizing the aura, not to mention the sentimental value of having something special and handmade from someone I love.
3. Aria Ultrasonic Diffuser – this was a gift to myself this year. Diffusing essential oils has become a routine part of our daily life and this beauty is amazing! It transforms my room into a spa by diffusing my favorite essential oils, has spa sounds (or I can plug in my iPhone and listen to iTunes with the speaker system. There are options for different colored lighting and a timer. It’s so soothing and pretty too.
2. Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 / Mac (download) – I can’t believe I didn’t get this sooner. Game changer! A must have for blogging photography and now with a new little grandson in the family, I’m definitely getting even more good use of this awesome photo-editing software.
Here’s a sample photo that I’ve edited…because this little guy is one of my favorite things of 2014 too:
1. I am new to Young Living this year and essential oils have been life changing for our family. This is by far my #1 favorite thing. No regrets other than “why didn’t I get started sooner?!” No joke. My newest blogging partner: With what feels like a recent cancer epidemic in my family, I’m starting to make healthier, more natural choices for my family. I love creating a comfortable beautiful home … and now I’m working to provide a safe, poison/chemical-free environment for my family too. Young Living essential oils are the newest/main way I help boost our immune systems, alleviate a lot of our minor aches, pains, and injuries and promote a healthier lifestyle . Read more about them here. My Young Living essential oils are also my newest business venture and so popular/loved that they’re sponsoring my blog. Thank you, friends! What a blessing! Interested? You can enroll by clicking here or contact me to learn more.
Follow along and see what these blog friends loved most in 2014:
Chris – Just a Girl
Beckie – Infarrantly Creative
Beth – Home Stories A to Z
Brooke – All Things Thrifty
Rhoda – Southern Hospitality
Sarah – Thrifty Decor Chick
Stacy – Not Just a Housewife