It’s Pinterest PinFest time! Did you forget? I almost did!
I‘m talking about this room (we just finished a main floor guest room) and rarely get over night guests, so this second floor guest room could serve as my dressing room without much work, don’t you think? It’s off to a pretty start!
The more I think about it, the more it really appeals to me. Don’t be surprised if you see future posts about it!
Link up your Pinterest related blog post:
1. Please copy and paste the code above into your post to automatically add the button and link back.
2. Add your Pinterest related URL POST (not general blog address) into the linky party by clicking “click here to enter” shown below.
3. Add a title. (Your blog name, the topic of your Pinterest Pinfest post, etc.). Click add picture from the web.
4. Select a picture that best fits your post to use as a thumbnail.
5. Let me know if you need help.
6. Party stays open for one week.
“But I think something’s missing.”
Hope to pop in to see you!
Don’t forget – Starting today, I’ll be over at True Value’s Ask the Blog Squad on Facebook. I’ll be hanging out there all week long. Head over, “like” them, visit me and feel free to ask DIY questions this week and I’ll do what I can to help!
What a great week of DIY! Wow! I shared our before and after (one week!) guest bedroom reveal with a $100 BHG/WalMart giveaway still going on…
Something else I made this week? These pink breast cancer awareness angel ornaments will be up for auction soon with so many other beautiful projects by some of your favorite bloggers at 31 Days of Hope at the DIY Club….
- Swapped out old single door for French doors
- Painted cabinets tutorial (Benjamin Moore Moonshine)
- Granite countertops (Virginia Jet Mist)
- New instant hot water dispenser, articulating/sprayer and soap dispenser
- Zero radius sink
- Bamboo Floors (Cali Bamboo)
- Installed recess lighting, $5 thrift find – pot rack, new semi-flush mounts and dimmer switch.
- Painted (True Value Easy Care Platinum/Color = Old Fashioned)
- Pantry hediyshowoff.blogspot.com/2011/09/diy-door-clock-and-diy-project-parade.html">Door Clock tutorial
- Antique Chicken Feeder becomes a Cook Book Library
- Entryway – this is where we enter our home for now. When we have a new front entry and when a new stand alone refrigerator and stand alone freezer are in the budget, this area will go away.
Please follow these rules for joining in:
- Link up your kitchen below. If linking an old post, add the button to the most recent stating you’re participating in Roomspiration-Kitchens today or add it to your side bar for the next week.
- All Roomspiration linky parties stay open through October 14th.
- Follow the DIY Show Off and visit some of the links.
- Don’t forget!
Enter the $100 Better Homes & Gardens/WalMart gift card giveaway here!
- Copy and past the button code into your post or on your side bar to share Roomspiration – Kitchens with your readers.
If reading through your email subscription, click here to link
up or visit all of the links to beautiful kitchens.
Here’s the full Roomspiration schedule:
Happy to make a new friend this week! I’m joining the party at
Have a DIY project not related to Fall or Halloween? Link up at the weekly DIY Project Parade linky party HERE!
Linking up to: Halloween at Lisa’s Creative Designs.
When we moved in, it looked like this:
I recently spied this BIG beauty in a local antique/junk shop. You know how much I love junk and unique thrifty finds! Anyway I HAD to have it….
More details on where this is going coming up at Friday’s Roomspiration!
Add a BHG gold chenille throw and relax!
- wingback chairs $25 each
- turquoise lamps $4.99 each
- gold side table $10
- awesome old trunk $15
- small walnut dresser $25
- turquoise night stand $1!
- accessories under $10: painting above headboard, globes, vintage cameras, Van Gogh print, glass jars, small gold clock, old radio, old books, blue insulator turned votive, ornate gold mirror, ball of orange yarn, walnut caned chair, owl cookie jar, etc.
GIVEAWAY is now closed.
- Since this is a guest room reveal and I’d love some feedback, please leave a comment with your thoughts on our budget friendly guest bedroom makeover.
- “Like” Better Homes & Gardens on Facebook. (http://www.facebook.com/#!/
BHGLiveBetter), thank them for the awesome giveaway @DIY Show Off and comment here that you’ve done so.
- Visit y=better+homes+and+gardens&ic=16_0&Find=Find&search_constraint=0">WalMart.com, check out BHG products and comment which product(s) you’d choose for your home.
Share the DIY Show Off/BHG $100 giveaway for 3 More chances (leave a comment for each):
- Blog (include link to post)
- Tweet using #BHG @DIYShowOff
- Facebook: Entering the giveaway @DIYShowOff
I only have this little entry way nook in our kitchen to share…
Inspiration for utilizing a small area of our home (hopefully this winter)…
Those white dingy walls to these tropical blue ones and new baseboard trim…
I also updated heating and a/c vents with a coat of spray paint.
See the reveal tomorrow!
k to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will add it for you.
Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your support and help with the Shaw Floors HGTV Home Design Challenge. I couldn’t ask for better blog friends, you guys! You’re the best! We did not win, however, I did have an amazing experience, met some awesome fellow DIY and design bloggers and had a blast working with Cassity, creating a room designed around a floor. A room that we’re still so proud of and would love to have in our own home. The winner of the Shaw Area Rug Giveaway at the DIY Show Off is…
CONGRATULATIONS! Emily gets to choose any of Shaw’s HGTV Home beautiful area rugs in any size for her home! Let’s hope she shares which one and where it goes! Thanks to Shaw Floors for such a fun event and awesome prize!
See more and the entire progress at
Here are the amazing before and after pictures:
There is so much fun going on at the DIY Club this month!
If you really want to get involved with the The DIY Club’s online DIY auction to raise money for breast cancer awareness and education, you can donate a DIY item for the auction. We’ve had several generous people contact us out of the blue with items to donate for the auction, so we thought more of you might want to participate. If you are interested, email email@example.com.
applied with a foam brush…
results in this…