In the meantime, I’d love to see what you’ve been up to!
n room to make a nice, wide entrance to the room. The door lends access to the slide and should someone want to remove the slide, it would be easily done and leave a nice storage closet behind.
Some wonderfully talented friends came over and painted these branches for us in a nice metallic paint.
On either side of the closet we placed some old Chinese screen panels:
their old room. The frame is a fun antique find for $5.
Jena from Involving Color has some amazing before and after transformations to show off…
And here it is now – all organized!
To see the entire transformation click HERE.
Makes you want to see more, doesn’t it? Well…we’re in luck. Her half bath got a makeover too. Here is it is before:
Ta-da! Hard to believe it’s the same room!
I’m joining the party at
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
A Before and After home tour
oing on now!
Long slow whistle. This fireplace transformation is smokin’! DIY, creative and the best results ever. Kasey from Beautiful Mess has an amazing transformation to show off!
Here is the fireplace before. Pretty enough – just having a fireplace is special…
Here is a before picture of the cabinets:
You can see how much more depth is created with the toner.
And I’m twice blessed today! **SMILE!** My easy DIY wire hurricanes are being featured today at
And now along with new pretty tile backsplash…wow!
Her home office…
became a little boy’s fun Dr. Seuss themed room!
Thank you so much for sharing your makeovers, Jolene! Awesome job!
Old windows are such a great material for DIY decor. Here are two more fabulous ideas…
Texas Crafter frosted an old window. A pretty and private solution.
Check out her message center tutorial!
All of those fun message center details ALL in ONE space/one message center! Awesome!
Click below to see TONS of DIY decorating ideas for old windows!
I’m trying to move my blog up at Picket Fence blogs and need your help.
Click the button below to vote for the DIY Show Off.
Thanks in advance!
This was her wall before:
Here are a few pictures of her gorgeous framed chalkboard after…
Happy New Year, fellow DIY’ers! I’m anticipating 2011 to be the best creative DIY year here at the DIY Show Off. That’s my goal.
With the holidays, I don’t have anything to show off myself this week (the break was nice!) although I’m painting cabinets part 956 today…soon I’ll have something to share but for now, here are our goals for 2011:
- Finish the kitchen remodel – we’ve been living without cabinet doors for over a month, blue laminate countertops and linoleum floors for 3 years – time to have our dream kitchen!
- Move craft room to upstairs – I can’t stand the clutter anymore! Organized wall to wall shelves and a table for projects. Although a dressing room is also a temptation. I’m still going back and forth.
- Move guest bedroom down stairs (this will still be my office) – pretty room should be the one guests see, not the cluttered craft room. We have a BIG bed in a little room upstairs now that no one sees. Moving it downstairs will be awesome – I might even be my own guest once in a while.
- Laundry Room – a walk through closet when we moved in. It’s now our laundry room but there aren’t any doors and it’s a disorganized mess. Sometimes clothes don’t even make it upstairs. Time for a change!
- Lots of DIY decorating, thrifty finds and re-purposing. So excited to see yours too!
- 2011 is also the year I will face an empty nest. I’m not sure how I feel about that quite yet. I’m not thinking that far ahead. I became a mother at young age and never really had just me to think about. I know one thing, I want to experience more. I look forward to the opportunities 2011 brings my way!
ee to link a Past Post, just invite your readers in a current post with a quick note.