This will be the last DIY Holiday Highlights party this season. Are you sad? Or glad the holidays are nearly over?
New Year’s Centerpiece
I was at our local True Value and came across “hardware cloth”. Intrigued, I brought it home. Then got creative, using it to dress up my candles!
Here is what I did.
1. Measure candle and mark height and width of candle on wire mesh.
2. Using wire cutters, cut the wire to the correct size. I went a few inches bigger.
3. The wire mesh comes wrapped in a long piece of wire. Cut small piece of it to use as a “tie” and make a cylinder, overlapping rows. It’s tricky to get it not to be crooked. I used needle nose pliers to help bend the “tie”.
4. Embellish. Weave twine to create a monogram, add seasonal tags that can be swapped for the change in holidays, add ribbon, etc.
Warning – make sure if you accessorize the wire that you keep embellishments away from the flame! I’m sure you know that but just in case, I don’t want you to start a fire! If you’re a little accident prone, maybe try flameless candles. 😉
Since I love to re-purpose things, especially DIY…I also love them on our glass cannisters which aren’t labeled. Cannister cozies!
I was one of the bloggers selected by True Value to work on the DIY Squad. I have been compensated for my time commitment to the program as well as my writing about my experience. I have also been compensated for the materials needed for my DIY project. However, my opinions are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive comments.
Let’s see the last of your DIY Holiday Highlights!
Please share your holiday posts below!
- You must use the button above (or html code on left side bar) and link to this post to share the linky love.
- Add your permalink (not your blog url, but your holiday project post url which is the web address that goes directly to your holiday project blog post, not your blog address). Feel free to link a Past Post, just invite your readers in a current post with a quick note.
- Or email your link to email@example.com and I will add it for you.
- If you notice your link has disappeared –please check the content of your post. Is it holiday related? Add the link back to The DIY Show Off to your post today with a quick note to your readers about the party and try again! I love when everyone participates and readers check out everyone’s links, but I think the return favor of linking back is the nice thing to do so everyone plays fair and enjoys all of the projects and links. Links not related to DIY holiday projects or holiday decor for inspiration will be deleted. Please make sure you follow the above steps.
Don’t forget to enter the NEW year GLUE year Giveaway!
Stock your supplies – get ready for the year year!