Edit! I’m showing off and linking up to:
I love when decor has a function, don’t you? This DIY jewelry tree is pretty AND functional.
Rust XO spray paint in Antique Gold (sold at True Value
.29 embroidery hoop from thrift store
free branches from the yard
1. Snip off a few branches to a desired height. I used 4.
2. Open embroidery hoop and squeeze branches in between wooden hoops. Tighten to secure. This is tricky but push them through with the ends sticking out the other side. I didn’t cut them off the bottom at this point because having it up off the surface made painting a little easier.
3. I love this antique gold color by Rust XO Spray Paint and Primer in One! Give everything a good coat of spray paint. Just 1 good coat on from every angle is all you need!
4. Snip off branches at bottom of hoop.
5. Secure branches into the hoop with hot glue.
6. Hang necklaces!
Easy decor, pretty storage. Now my daughter’s jewelry won’t be a tangled mess! What do you think?
I was one of the bloggers selected by True Value to work on the DIY Squad. I have been compensated for my time commitment to the program as well as my writing about my experience. I have also been compensated for the materials needed for my DIY project. However, my opinions are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive comments.
X-O Rust Paint & Primer In One
- The only spray paint and primer in one.
- Direct to metal application. Works well with wood too!
- New 360º spray technology for coverage at any angle.
- New comfort tip offers wider coverage area.
- Superior indoor/outdoor rust prevention.
- Available in 31 colors!
- Available in Flat, Satin and Gloss.