I love this tutorial from Tidy Mom. Rosettes are on my DIY to-do list and she makes it look so easy! It’s a great Valentine idea for friends. I’d love to get one, wouldn’t you?
I started with a 9×12 piece of red felt that I bought at Michales. Grabbed a glass that was about 3″ in diameter, and traced 6 circles on my piece of felt, then cut them out.
(you also click the picture and choose to view in a larger size for detail)
- Take one circle, fold it in half,
- then in half again.
- Hand stitch thru the bottom point enough to keep it folded.
- Then do the same with each of the circles. I just went from one to the next pulling my thread tightly to keep them all together(I just placed them randomly around each other, not in a stack…it will make sense when you’re making it, you basically want the tips sewn together). When I had all 6 pieces attached I put a few more stitches in to keep them nice and tight together.
- Next sew them onto a little pin backing (you can these at Michaels in the jewelry making section).
These were so easy and I love how they turned out! The red makes them perfect for Valentine’s Day!
You can wear them on a sweater or jacket, t-shirt, on a bag……or give as a gift!
You could even use them as embellishments on scarves, hats, or pillows – oh, you get the picture!……just sew them right on instead of pining them on!
Yummy! Who doesn’t love easy Valentine goodies?
Check this out:
Owl be your Valentine
I love this post and sweet idea by Tara at Feels Like Home blog about love notes for kids. What a special way to make your little angels feel loved!
- You must use the button above and link to this post to share the linky love.
- Add your permalink (not your blog url, but your Show & Tell post url). Feel free to link a Past Post, just invite your readers in a current post with a quick note.
- Or email your link to email@example.com and I will add it for you.
- The party will run for a few days…so showing up fashionably late is acceptable.
- If you notice your link has disappeared – please add the link back to The DIY Show Off to your post today with a quick note to your readers about the party and try again! I love when everyone participates and readers check out everyone’s links, but I think the return favor of linking back is the nice thing to do so everyone plays fair and enjoys all of the projects and links. Also – this Show & Tell is for VALENTINE’S DAY PROJECTS ONLY. Links not related to DIY VALENTINE PROJECTS will be deleted.
Click here for more details.