THANKS FOR STOPPING BY – PLEASE FEEL FREE TO VISIT THE LINKS LISTED BELOW TO MEET THE LADIES I THINK ARE ARE AWESOME!
This is long – I apologize in advance but it’s full of blog introductions, info about me and a game with a fun giveaway at the bottom of the post.
It’s time to celebrate my 100th post and surpassing 300 followers (THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!) with a Giveaway and a fun time with a game –
The rules of accepting and sharing this award are:
- Put the logo on your blog or post.
- Nominate at least 10 blogs that show an attitude of gratitude
- Link to your nominees within your post.
- Comment on their blogs to let them know they’ve received this award
- Share the love and link to this post and the person who nominated you for the award. Tell us how you’ve come to have an attitude gratitude.
- Tricia – Boutelle Family Zoo. I love Tricia’s sense of humor and beautiful DIY projects. I love stories about her 3 little monkeys too. She’s become a very special friend.
- Courtney – Project Pretty. Courtney is so sweet and so full of ideas and DIY talent. She has also become one of my best blog friends forever.
- Kelly – Kelly’s Korner Blog. Kelly’s faith and beliefs are her priority and keep me inspired and remind me that inspiration doesn’t only come from pretty decor photos. She has an awesome “Show Us Your Life” feature that provides so many more opportunities for making new blog friends.
- Whitney & Ashley – Shanty2Chic. I just “met” Whitney and her blog is beautiful and her projects are amazing.
- Katie – Along the Way with K+J. I’ll be featuring Katie’s projects soon. She has great ideas and a fun new Trash to Treasure party. Just my kinda thing!
- Judy – Gracious Southern Living. I featured Judy’s drop cloth drapes and feel like I made a friend for life. Her sweet personality makes me wish I was southern.
- Lauren – FikleChik. Lauren is so generous, so helpful and so artistic. I’m just green with envy. Go see what I mean. You can’t help but love her
- Stacie – The Creative Crate. Another talented DIYer with a fun blog full of ideas and projects. Seriously. You will walk away with another project added to your list after seeing what she comes up with.
- Joan – For the Love of a House. I love.love.love Joan’s house. I could read her journey over and over. The transformation is unbelievable and beautiful.
- Karli – Rockybella. A beautiful blog, new etsy shop and fellow doxie lover.
2. I want to give up my current occupation and do something fun and creative that I enjoy. I’m motivated to do it. I’m in a position where I can go for it and have so much support and encouragement but I’m still not quite sure which area to focus on and I sometimes lack the confidence to believe that I can do it. Do you get like that too?
3. My husband calls me Mittens and his pet name is Mutz. 🙂
6. I have two beautiful daughters. Bri (20) and Ali (16).
7. I count my blessings daily. I’m thankful for even the simplest of things. 🙂
2. Rachel at One Pretty Thing – every time I can’t decide on a gift to make or a craft project to do, I head to One Pretty Thing. She rocks. She finds the coolest projects and features them daily.
3. Jen at Sanctuary Arts – A previous DIY Show Off. She is so talented and I want everything in her etsy shop. Check out her “You Should Have Seen It Before” party and have a blast.
4. Melanie at The Old White Cottage – Lovely home, projects and the cutest little angels!
5. Shari at Spearmint Baby – the best baby-inspired blog ever. You don’t even have to have a baby to appreciate all of the beautiful baby eye decor and info featured.
6. Christy at Domestic Princess – a great friend, a great blog and on her way to being healthier. You Go Girl!
7. PK at Room Remix – talented, creative, budget-friendly interior designer. Need I say more?
8. Linda – Restyled Home. One of my favorite places for inspiration. While you’re there you HAVE to look at her home. Her pictures are a beautiful place for cottage inspiration.
Sarah from Pewter Sage is another good friend blogger of mine. I admire her sense of style, love her home and her silliness. She’s tagged me with the Fabulous Blog Award. I am so flattered and honored to receive this from her. I think Sarah is pretty fab herself.
- I’m obsessed with blogging. It distracts me from my work. Like I mentioned above, I work from home. I’m on the computer. The temptation to click over from a boring word document to fun, inspiring and creative blogs is too great. I have an addiction. I love reading what other bloggers are up to and seeing their projects. It really does make my day, make me smile and sometimes laugh out loud at those that take the time to leave a comment. I get excited to see a new follower and love browsing through my list of followers/blog roll to see what’s new. I frequently check my site meter to monitor my numbers and build up a huge anticipatory rush to peek at my blog ranking. I can’t get enough and need my blog fix every hour or so. I’m sitting at the computer anyway – it’s a nice break from boring monotonous doctor voices. Did I mention I have another blog? Evangeline’s Vine.
- I love HGTV. I love every show. I love the designers. I watch very little tv but when I do – I could sit in front of HGTV an entire weekend without getting bored, moving from the couch or getting dressed. I need a day like that. It’s been a while. 😉
- I am obsessed with comfy lounge pants and cute socks. After years of dressing professionally in suits, skirts and heels…I’m a little too comfy in my lounge pants and love cute socks.
- I have a new little nephew being born next month and I can’t stop looking at baby clothes, accessories, gifts and furniture. I’m so excited to meet and spoil him!
- I dream about winning the lottery or winning an HGTV room makeover – anything that gets me 1 step closer to completing projects. But in reality, Mr. DIY and I enjoy working on making this old house our home and the sense of accomplishment we receive from doing the work ourselves without debt and seeing our dreams for our home come true is so rewarding.
- A Penny Saved – Britt is a.m.a.z.i.n.g! Decorating on a budget and beautiful, beautiful tutorials and projects.
- Hirondelle Rustique – so talented that if I didn’t love her so much, I’d hate her. Creative genius.
- A Shopaholic Mom – a beautiful blog with great ideas, helpful posts and inspiration that’s just my style.
- Embellished Bayou – cutest little etsy shop, talented and creative DIY-er.
- How-to-Gal – A quote from her blog sums it up: “Join me in my journey to transform the ordinary into one-of-a-kind treasures.” A DIY heaven.
The DIY Show Off Scavenger Hunt
I don’t think it’s too complicated, but if you have questions, leave me a comment! 🙂
Contest starts Thursday, Sept. 10th (tomorrow) through next Friday, Sept. 18th.
- Blog about or post this button on your blog with this link: http://thediyshowoff.blogspot.com/2009/09/awards-diy-scavenger-hunt-game-giveaway.html
- Become a follower. Winner must be a follower of The DIY Show Off. (If you’re already a follower, you’re good to go!)
- Visit the links above and look for the clue on each site. Some blogs have clues, some don’t. Some clues are listed more than once.
- Collect the clues (there is one here on the side bar), solve the message and complete the game. Have a paper/pen handy and write out the message as you find the clues.
- Email your answer (the decoded message) to firstname.lastname@example.org to let me know that you’re participating.
- Have fun! You must complete all of these steps to “play”. (If you don’t have a blog – email me for different instructions on participating.) Good luck!
You’ll make some new friends in the process AND be entered to win a prize. Winner will be selected by random.org from those following the rules and emailing the correct answer.
What’s the prize?
Something that every DIY-er needs!
Black & Decker 7.2V Project Kit with Bag
Your OWN tools!
If you have a husband like mine, he loses his tools and they’re scattered everywhere – wouldn’t your very OWN set be awesome?
And2 runner up winners…prizes to be announced. 🙂
Good luck and thank you from the bottom of my heart again for your support, comments, for following and being a friend!
A friend accepts us as we are yet helps us to be what we should. ~Author Unknown