Edit: We interrupt this blog post for a very important message. For MORE links to awesome blog parties see the end of this post. Now back to the Fall Festival:
What is it?
- A blog party on Mondays for Sept., Oct. & Nov.
- Autumn/Fall inspired DIY projects
How can I join?
- Create a blog post about an Autumn/Fall project that you’ve done
- Add your blog name and project to Mcklinky (example: The DIY Show off – House # Pumpkins)
- Type in the permalink address, not your basic blog address. A permalink is the address that links directly to your specific post. (example: http://thediyshowoff.blogspot.com/2009/08/house-number-pumpkins)
- This is my first party so I’m new to Mcklinky and giving instructions so if you experience any problems – please let me know.
- I’ll be posting The DIY Show Off Fall Festival on Mondays and try to start the party sometime on the prior Sunday evening.
- Although a tutorial is helpful, it’s not required. Anything autumn related and DIY is permitted.
- If you’ve been inspired by something you see here – show us what you did too!
- Please use The DIY Show Off Fall Festival button and link back to The DIY Show Off Fall Festival post that you’re participating in. 🙂
- This week’s link to cut/paste is: http://thediyshowoff.blogspot.com/2009/09/week-1-diy-show-off-fall-festival.html
- Enjoy and be inspired!
Here is my project:
- On back order
- $24 for one 6″ pumpkin
- Mr. DIY + glass = “oops” & sad me
So, I made my own with more of this type of mercury-glass look:
- 1 funkin (faux pumpkin). I bought 3 different sized white ones at Michaels with a 40% off coupon for the large one. The orange would be okay too. Gourds would be a fun twist.
- 1 can of Metallic Finish spray paint (Mine was from WalMart – Rust-oleum Bright Coat/silver). It takes way less than a full can.
- 1 nearly empty can of Rust-oleum Universal Satin in Brown Hammered (or see instructions for another option).
Hopefully you had a chance to DIY something fun this weekend! Please join me Mondays!